Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 Times one day!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
c.andy
Help Me
Stupidly i have received 2 nips from on the same day. One in the morning at 10.16am ( icon_hang.gif A45 Daventry Rd, Dunchurch south-east bound74 mph in a 60mph limit) and the other in the afternoon at 3.50pm ( angry.gif A45 London rd, west bound,ryton on dunmore ryton bridge flyover60mph in a 50mph limit) i already have 3 points and its a company car.

Should i send PACE statements for both or ask for photo evidence and camera calibrations?

What is the best coursr of action please advise.............................

These are the answers you've given so far:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - No
Although you are not the Registered Keeper, were you the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Is the NIP addressed to you personally? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes
crystal
Hi

Please visit the READ ME FIRST section (Click Here), answer all the questions in the NIP Wizard, and then post the Wizard's output back here to enable us to help you.

It might be better to have 2 theads and cross reference them so if they develop differently it wont be too confusing

Regards
Crystal
mikey b
Hi dont know if this helps
i spoke to a police officer about this and he said that it would be classed as ongoing offence by the courts so you may only end up getting done once.
thejudge
QUOTE (mikey b @ Sun, 11 Mar 2007 - 12:30) *
Hi dont know if this helps
i spoke to a police officer about this and he said that it would be classed as ongoing offence by the courts so you may only end up getting done once.

I would doubt very much that the two offences would be classed as an ongoing offence it's not like they happened at the same time. They are likely to be scheduled for diferent days if they make it to court
so you'll get 'done' twice.

If I were you I'd get used to the idea of having 9 points on your licence and remember that you as a 'professional' driver can claim mitigating circumstances when you undoubtedly appear in court as a totter which if you didn't know gives you a 6 month ban.
firefly
QUOTE (thejudge @ Sun, 11 Mar 2007 - 15:31) *
If I were you I'd get used to the idea of having 9 points on your licence and remember that you as a 'professional' driver can claim mitigating circumstances when you undoubtedly appear in court as a totter which if you didn't know gives you a 6 month ban.

A six-month ban for "totting" is not mandatory. If the defendant can show exceptional hardship then the bench can be invited to let him continue driving on 12-points.
c.andy
thanks all
The Rookie
Back to your first post, due to the time seperation and the fact your going the other way, thses will be 2 seperate offences, I would suggest completing all the NIP wizard for botha nd pasting the output although I think you know there is little mileage in it. Yes a PACE ws for each, on your timing we should know the result of Burgess-James by the time you get a summons.

Next time keep an eye out, the static truvelos are sore thumbs along there!

Simon
c.andy
blush.gif THANKS FOR ALL HELP AND ADVICE SENT PACE STATEMENTS SO SEE WHAT HAPPENS. blink.gif
c.andy
Hello all
Update

Sorry not been on site to update been on holiday: Any way i sent 2 Pace statement off (1 for each offence) and recieved the below the below letters in reply. What do i do now?

From Warwickshire Police

Dear Sir/Madam

I acknowledge receipt of your recent letter

For your information you are required under Section 172 of the Road Traffic Act, 1988 to sign the Notice of Intended Prosecution. This ia a legal requirement ratified by several High Court cases. Failure to sign the form will result in the matter being dealt with by the court.

I should like to advise you that the requirement to provide information under Section 172 falls within the exceptions to the need for a caution contained in the second part of PACE code C 10.1, which provides that a person need not be cautioned if questions are put "to obtain information in accordance with any statutory requirement"

You will shortly receive a section 172 Notice which you should complete and sign and return to this Office by 14th April 2007

Yours faithfully
Manager Camera Enforcement Unit
The Rookie
Redo the NIP wizard (twice) as suggested first!

This is standard B&B in responce to a PACE ws, if you want to fight on and understand the risks, just ignore it, if you are happy to fold, then do what they want.

Simon
c.andy
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Mon, 23 Apr 2007 - 15:43) *
Redo the NIP wizard (twice) as suggested first!

This is standard B&B in responce to a PACE ws, if you want to fight on and understand the risks, just ignore it, if you are happy to fold, then do what they want.

Simon

Fight on of course....
ac
hortz
QUOTE (c.andy @ Mon, 23 Apr 2007 - 13:19) *
Hello all
Update

Sorry not been on site to update been on holiday: Any way i sent 2 Pace statement off (1 for each offence) and recieved the below the below letters in reply. What do i do now?

From Warwickshire Police

Dear Sir/Madam

I acknowledge receipt of your recent letter

For your information you are required under Section 172 of the Road Traffic Act, 1988 to sign the Notice of Intended Prosecution. This ia a legal requirement ratified by several High Court cases. Failure to sign the form will result in the matter being dealt with by the court.

I can only refer you to rule #1.(No not "you do not talk about fight club") SCAMMERS LIE!!!. This is an out and out like. It has actually been decided by a binding high court case (Jones v DPP) that you do NOT have to sign the form nor fill it in.
The Rookie
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE redo the NIP wizards fully as has been asked 3 times already!

Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.