Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Light Woe
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
brakelate
My employer got a NIP which will no doubt be sent out shortly and I fully expect a new NIP on my own door mat.

I was working late and took the pool car home. I was queueing in a long line of traffic which was moving fairly slowly. As I approached the traffic lights it just started to change and in a moment of indecision I overshot the line and got flashed. The irony is that I actually decided to stop but I was too late. I stopped before the junction but just past the line. My recorded speed is 0 mph!!

I'm annoyed at myself as it's the first time I have ever got a NIP.

I was posting for advice, should I expect to automatically receive both penalty points and a fine?

I feel it would be unfair to get points since I didn't even get to the junction and I actually had stopped.
Teufel
ask for photos to see who was driving

take a good look at them and decide if it is worth rolling the dive
and going to magistrates court

outcome uncertain and possible extra costs but you may get sympathy
if a big truck obscured vision and only the front wheels went over line
brakelate
I was definitely fully over the line and I doubt anything was obscured. I guess I'll have to take my punishment!

The irony is a bloke got flashed at the same place tonight. The lights seem to change very quickly!!
fatboytim
Do both photo's show 0 zero mph?
As if so there is no evidence you crossed on red.

fatboytim
brakelate
I haven't got my NIP yet!

Should I ask for the photo's as a matter of course?

I don't know what they will prove? Surely the camera only goes off if you have crossed the line when it is red?
Chas820
Ask for the pics,it doesn`t harm your defence and may show something to argue.My argument would be that i was crossing on green when the traffic stopped than the lights changed so i stayed were i was but the camera went off.It wasn`t a lined out box junction was it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.