Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My Pace based court day
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Notthecat
Well, last year I sent a PACE statement in response to a NIP to Gwent autority and it went to whole way to court.

I had three magistrates who all looked and acted like the best buddies of the Police and quite frankly I wouldn't have trusted them to wash my car never mind preside over law, but this is the U.K. and the country has gone down the pan.

I was charged with speeding and failing to supply the name of the driver.

I was able to show that the police could not prove it was me driving without a confession.

Then the fun started.

Found guilty on both counts.

First they said I was guilty of failing to supply the name of the driver and using the PACE statement amounted to me attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Then despite the fact that they said the PACE form was not admissable hence me being guilty on not supplying details, they then said that the PACE form was an admission of guilt, therefore I was found guilty of speeding as well.

What a farce! Will I fight it? Cannot afford to and they know it, the British legal system has in my opinion become a joke, we need a revolution.

I was offered a job overseas a while back and this has swung me so in the next twelve months I'm out of this once great country, enough is enough.

Good luck everyone, but the fight is against a corrupt system, I expect even with a good ECHR result the British courts will still ignore peoples rights.

If I did decide to contest the decision how long have I got? Not that I really think I will.
hortz
I think off the top of my head you have 21 days to notify them of your intention to appeal. Sounds like you have really been stitched up big time. This sort of thng really makes me angry, clueless fcukwit laypeople who are in cahoots with the CPS and have NO understanding of the law they purport to enforce fcuking up people's lives like this. It is not a hard concept, if you haven't provided driver details as alleged then how the fcuk can they prove you were driving when the speeding took place?

I know the financial situation can be a pain but I would definitely appeal. They have erred in law, simple as. Jones v DPP, a higher court case, is authority for a signed letter giving all the details requested being compliant with the S172 requirement. These crooks either do not know what they are doing or have deliberately broken the law to shaft you!
Teufel
thats outrageous - you should lodge an appeal and await ECHR outcome
Jase00
Take it to the local papers, or nationals, youve summed up very nicely the farcical nature of what were up against..... mad.gif
Someone will run it I hope
Sorry to hear, once again weve all been let down..
Notthecat
Reading my own post, I think I will have to appeal the decision if only because of how absurd it was.
pink
icon_hang.gif i have just received my summons from Derbyshire StatePolice, count 1 is exceeding the speed limit, count 2... is failing to supply the identity of the driver!!!! sent PACE in as requested in response to COFP, so where does this leave me? the photo shows me going away from the Gatso, on a motorcycle dressed in black and it thick fog as well so how the hell can they say its me, as only evidence they got is Pace statemnt? ninja.gif we're goosed!!!!
Notthecat
It appears they can say what ev ere they like regardless of rights or law.
Notthecat
How do I go about lodging an appeal and can anyone recommend a solicitor worth talking to about it?
Quattro
QUOTE (Notthecat @ Mon, 26 Feb 2007 - 12:36) *
How do I go about lodging an appeal and can anyone recommend a solicitor worth talking to about it?

Barry Culshaw is very good, but where are you in the UK?

You should be able to get legal aid for this btw.

This system depends on people giving up the fight.

I would fight it all the way, and then when you have won, sue them.

Click on the link in my signature if you would like to see what you are up agaisnt.

And have fun with it.
Notthecat
I am in the southeast but the case is with gwent. Have you contact details for Barry Culshaw?
Quattro
QUOTE (Notthecat @ Mon, 26 Feb 2007 - 13:22) *
I am in the southeast but the case is with gwent. Have you contact details for Barry Culshaw?

You have a PM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.