Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lidl join the Gravy Train
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
DW190

Clamped in Minutes Times on Line

By Times GroupCustomers of Lidl supermarket in Edgware are having their cars clamped if they leave the car park before commencing their shopping - and then charged £120 for the privilege.

Clampers working for the supermarket in High Street have been pouncing on cars the moment the driver leaves the car park - even if they are just nipping over the road to get cash to pay for their shopping.

Up to eight Lidl customers were clamped yesterday afternoon and forced to pay £120 to get their cars back.

advertisementVicente Polo, of Broadfields Avenue, Edgware, left the car park for a few minutes to get money from a nearby bank. He said: "I went to get cash to shop in Lidl and as I was walking into the shop I saw that they were clamping me, I can't believe it. There are so many people here that have just been clamped too, it's disgusting."

Fellow customer Jennifer Adekanmi said: "I went to get cash and they saw me leave - they must have seen me - and they clamped me straight away. I will never be shopping here again."

Customer Jennifer Kay, 23, parked her car there on Saturday and went across the road to get a bottle of water before beginning her shopping. Miss Kay, who is nine months pregnant, said: "I needed a cold drink before I began my shopping and I didn't want to queue up just for one drink so popped to the newsagent to get a bottle. They clamped me straight away, they had been watching from their car, and even though I was crying and told them I was a customer, they just said it wasn't their problem."

She was charged a £120 fee to release her car by parking enforcement company Olympia, who have been operating from the car park in High Street for the past month.

A spokeswoman for Lidl said yesterday morning: "Customer service is our main objective and we are currently reviewing our policy with Olympia. There will now be attendants in the car park who will warn people about the policy ahead of possible clamping."
Tony-Medusa
Hi DW..... What a disgrace to humanity, integrity and decency.
Comment, thinking allowed, sorry aloud.

A spokeswoman for Lidl said yesterday morning: "Customer service is our main objective and we are currently reviewing our policy with Olympia. There will now be attendants in the car park who will warn people about the policy ahead of possible clamping."

Translation from persuasive sophistry to real purpose.
Spokeswoman = woman with prickly spikes like a hedgehog.

main objective = BUT not ONLY objective

currently reviewing = present continuous, with built in future potential to take a year, so give as many clamps as you can WHILE.........we talk in the office and count the money.

will now be attendants = will is future tense, and now is present so when is it really going to be, future but don't know when? since they need 6 committee meetings, 5 referalls, and double checking by solicitors.

will warn people = that's all in the future, and the people that get warned are their OWN staff only (who break the rules)... All the rest; YOU, are persistent offenders who break the LAW of contract you didn't enter into.

possible clamping = from the past description so far the hit rate of 100% MIGHT fall to a possible 99%.

will warn people. Promises promises! The air is promise crammed, you cannot feed capons so! Only foolish humans can be fed on promises, watch them get weaker by the day.

This art of prepared soundbites that is the common effluent from authorities - so called - is a tort of deceit and misrepresentaton. There are laws against that, but the RTA 1999 et al is the one with teeth, the rest hang like flags at half mast, half dead.
zamzara
If they're clamping for that, they'd better have a really watertight sign. I hope we get someone posting here who has been clamped, I'd love to try and help get these vultures screwed royally.
Teufel
if not SIA authorised then it is a crime !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.