Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I had to plead guilty
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
spit
Hi everyone,
I was flashed doing 82 in a 40 so I sent off the pace statement,then I asked for the court case to be delayed until after the ECOHR had heard the test case.
My case was adjourned untill Feb 12 2007.
What do I do next?
Thanks,
Paul
Insider
QUOTE (spit @ Mon, 8 Jan 2007 - 03:21) *
Hi everyone,
I was flashed doing 82 in a 40

Ouch...

Please visit the READ ME FIRST section (Click Here), answer all the questions in the NIP Wizard, and then post the Wizard's output back here to enable us to help you.
spit
QUOTE (spit @ Mon, 8 Jan 2007 - 03:21) *
Hi everyone,
I was flashed doing 82 in a 40 so I sent off the pace statement,then I asked for the court case to be delayed until after the ECOHR had heard the test case.
My case was adjourned untill Feb 12 2007.
What do I do next?
Thanks,
Paul

I have already filled out a pace statement and sent it off.I have also asked for the case to be adjourned until feb 2007 which is soon.The speeding was in June 2006.
The wizard just tells me to send the statement off which I have already done....much further down the line now
I was flashed by a fixed gatso on the A48 Eastern Avenue.....just want to know what to do next
andy_foster
QUOTE (Insider @ Mon, 8 Jan 2007 - 03:26) *
Please visit the READ ME FIRST section (Click Here), answer all the questions in the NIP Wizard, and then post the Wizard's output back here to enable us to help you.

So far you've told us almost nothing, and what you have told us seems to be contradictory.
The most obvious issue what has been asked for and what has been agreed/granted regarding adjournments.

If you don't want to take the time to tell us the details of what has transpired, we won't waste our time trying to help you.
spit
My apologies,I know you are trying to help me.
Here are the details,
I was driving along the A48 EASTERN AVE. Cardiff on 10/06/06 and was flashed (82mph) by a fixed gatso.The speed limit on the road,a DC goes from 70 to 50 then to 40 where they had me.It was late at night about 11pm with no other cars on the road.
I recieved the NIP about a week later with the magistrates booked for 15/9/06 and i the took your advice and sent off the PACE statement.
I was then sent a letter dated asking me if I was pleading not guilty.I then sent off the letter from you (pending the decision of the ECHR in the case of O’Halloran & Francis v United Kingdom (ref no: 15809/02). )
They adjourned my case untill 12/02/06.
Just really need to know what I should do with the case so close now

If you need to know anything else...
thanks guys!
The Rookie
Read the very cunningly hidden READ THIS FIRST sticky at the top of this forum, and do what it says, fill in the NIP wizard and copy and paste the WHOLE output here, otherwise I will get out my crystal balls and decide what to advise based on what I see in them instead of using facts supplied by you!

OK balls inspected, if you can't follow that advise, then you won't follow any other given, so no point giving any!

Simon
andy_foster
QUOTE (spit @ Mon, 8 Jan 2007 - 05:13) *
I recieved the NIP about a week later with the magistrates booked for 15/9/06 and i the took your advice and sent off the PACE statement.

Que?

I was then sent a letter dated asking me if I was pleading not guilty.I then sent off the letter from you (pending the decision of the ECHR in the case of O'Halloran & Francis v United Kingdom (ref no: 15809/02). )
They adjourned my case untill 12/02/06.
Just really need to know what I should do with the case so close now

You clearly have a different undertsanding of the word "detail" than I do.
spit
Hi all,
Well i,m in a bit of a pickle!
I,m due to got to court in feb and I have already got the case adjourned once because of the ECHR case (the case was due to got to court last sept.).
What do you think my chances are of getting it adjourned again because there is still no out come from the ECHR?
Any ideas of what to do next or how I should approach the court, before feb 12?
Ta!
Paul
Peter_D
What are you cgarged with, my crystal ball is all misty today. Regards Peter
bimbimer8888
you could give us all a little bit more info and fill out the NIP wizzard
crystal
Hi,

Releated thread

please stick to 1 case 1 thread
Idealy scan wash and post the summons. If the court has granted an adjornment once then they must continue to so unless the circumstancs change

Regards
crystal
spit
Hi all
I'm in Cardiff magistrates court on 12/02/06 after getting flashed doing 82 in a 40 last July...was a DC just before the Heath hospital,a famous place for getting flashed in Cardiff.
I have had it adjourned once for the ECHR case but want to know if I can get it adjourned again because the case has not been heard yet.What is the best way of getting it adjourned again or is there anything else I could try?
Thanks,
Paul
The Rookie
You can use the letter here, best to turn up in court, quote some cases being adjourned in the UK such as Burgess-James and hope....

Simon
spit
Which letter is that mate?
spit
Well I sent a copy of the letter you have posted to get my case adjourned from Feb 12 to later and they sent a letter back refusing and asking me to turn up in court.This is what I got from them...frightening!
I~~ASANAETH
nmcsHYD'
HER MAJESTY'S
COURTS SERVICE
Llys Ynadon Caerdydd LIe Fitzalan
CaerdyddCF24 ORZ
Cardiff Magistrates' Court Fitzalan Place
Cardiff
CF24 ORZ
Fton I T 029 2046 3040 Ftacs I F 029 2046 0264
Mr Paul
CARDIFF
CF

Minicom VII 02920474372
(Llinell Gymorth ar gyfer y byddar a'r trwm eu clyw I Helpline for the deaf and hard of hearing)
www.gwasanaeth-Ilysoeddem.gov.uk
www.hmcourts-service.gov.uklwales

24 January 2007

- - -¬
EirLcyf/Ollr rF!fo nK/8422182 Eich cyflYour ref:

--¬
Please ask for: Mr Kirkpatrick

Dear Sirs,

RE: REQUEST FOR ADJOURNMENT
With reference to your recent communication with this department, in respect of the above, please see the details outlined below.

DATE OF REQUEST: 23 January 2007
DEFENDANT'S NAME: Paul

COURT DATE: 12 February 2007

REQUEST MADE BY: Paul

REASON FOR REQUEST: To await outcome of ECHR case in April.

PROSECUTOR'S RESPONSE: Not known, not canvassed.

APPLICATION REFUSED BY: Tracey Payne (Court Legal Adviser)

REASON FOR REFUSAL: Any application to be supported with full transcripts of case law and tobe made on day of trial.

DEFENDANT REQUIRED TO ATTEND HEARING: Yes

Yours faithfully

~- ~
Case Progression Officer

BUDDSODDWR MEWN POBL INVESTOR IN PEOPLE

What do you do next please ??
Paul
jimmy ferrari
Which letter?
Have you been dual charged?
spit
I don't understand,
I sent them a sample letter from a solicitor from this site asking for the case to be adjourned until after Feb to wait for the ECHR case to conclude.
The copy I just posted was a response from the magistrates.
this is the main part of the letter that is a worry and I don't know what to do.
REASON FOR REQUEST: To await outcome of ECHR case in April.

PROSECUTOR'S RESPONSE: Not known, not canvassed.

APPLICATION REFUSED BY: Tracey Payne (Court Legal Adviser)

REASON FOR REFUSAL: Any application to be supported with full transcripts of case law and tobe made on day of trial.

hope you can help me.
paul
Mika
You've started a duplicate thread!
spit
Hi all,
Got flashed doing 82 in a 40 last June.....was a DC where the speed goes from 70 to 50 then on to 40.
Tried going down the PACE route then got the case adjourned once for the ECHR case but then they refused any more adjournments and I was told to go to court.
I spoke to one of the solicitors recommended on this site and he told me that my best bet was to bite the bullet and plead guilty by post.I did that but because they said it was an "equivocal" (using the solicitors wording in my original guilty plea), plea, they would not accept it so I had to send in an unequivocal guilty plea.I have not heard anything from the court since the last letter by the way. Everything I did was following the solicitors advice.
Well I'm there soon so anybody got any advice of what I can say to try to get out of a ban and not get a mega fine.
I think that's my #rse.
spit
andy_foster
QUOTE (spit @ Fri, 9 Feb 2007 - 05:40) *
Well I'm there soon so anybody got any advice of what I can say to try to get out of a ban and not get a mega fine.
I think that's my #rse.
spit

Search for "mitigtion"
spit
This is good....have to read this!
Just went to my parents house and low and behold,there is a letter there from the crown prosecution service,sent to the wrong address by the way.In the letter,the senior crown prosecutor says he thinks,the magistrates should adjourn the case until April when the ECHR case should be concluded.This letter was sent on 29/01/07.
Right then,I decide to ring the magistrates asking about the letter and if I can get the case adjourned and they tell me NO!They have taken legal advice the that is the end of that.....see you in court.
I can scan the letters if anyone wants to see.
Spit
spit
After getting the letter off the Senior Crown Prosecutor....have to decided to plead not guilty....I want the case adjourned again like he thinks it should be.
spit
wreckerbed
Hi Have you got a copy of this letter ? can you send a copy to
the_bed_wrecker@ntlworld.com

Cheers
dav
so what happened on 12th?

looks like you had very little feedback because you repeatedly failed to fill out the NIP wizard
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.