Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Never got penalty on car,got it THREE MONTHS LATER THROUGH MAIL
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
erricsson
Hi, im new here.

here is my story-

Its taken me 3 months to update my address on my car registration. I moved house and sent the dvla my registration to update my address, after the 6 weeks they request i had yet to receive anything. So i wrote to them and they wrote back saying they didn't get it, i was told by the guy at the post office to send the counterpart which i did, after a month i got a reply saying i needed to send a V62 form with £19 which i did and 2 weeks later i finally got the registration.

Problem i have is i have received a letter from the council (hammersmith) saying i got a penalty on my car which i ignored and numerous letters.

Well its been 3 months, i ALWAYS park in the same spot when i visit my dad but that was the only day i visited my dad in the last 6 months so i remember it. It states i parked in a permit only area but it was actually the bay next to it that was permits only, the spot i was in is for those who pay into the ticket machine and display, which is what i done.

The thing is though because of the DVLA/Postal service screw up it took near 3 months to update my address, this hasn't been my fault, dvla took a long time to reply to me and when i wrote them letters asking how to speed the process up i received no replies. So i never received any of their notices. I did not receive anything on my car, i have never had a parking ticket in the last 3 years that i have been driving.

Im stuck on what to do as it was 3 months ago i can't prove anything. In the photos it doesn't show which of the two parking bays i was in and the one i was in i parked in that day and my brother parks there twice a week for the past two years.

Is it a case of my word vs the wardens?

Funny thing is after the first 6 weeks of not getting my registration back i called the dvla and my local police station to ask where i could call to make sure nothing has been sent to me in way of fines, penalties or anything else and they both said there was no where to call.
LittleLuke
What letters have you received precisely from them now ?
Tell us the name of the letters you have received and we can help!

Luke
Teufel
it is highly likely that the councils paperwork is defective anyway - we would need to see it

if you have an NtO you need to make represenations to appeal - bothn on the paking
and the lack of ticket

yes it may be your word against theirs but you can amke that work in your
favour by being a cridibel witness - PAs often are not !
erricsson
The letter i received (the only one i have received at my new address) requests £80 plus £40 in collection fees £120 in total.

The letter is from the traffic enforcement centre (northampton).

I believe the letter said order for recovery of unpaid charge. I dont have it to hand as i am at university.

I will post it word for word when i get home, Thank you guys for the help.
erricsson
Can i argue that it was not my fault it took that long to update my address and since i was in the process of updating it anything they sent i did not receive. Then ask how they expect me to remember the exact events of 3 months ago.
LittleLuke
You need to file out the "Statutory Declaration" (this is the form you have by the sounds of it). On the stat dec u need to fill out and say that u never received NTO.

Luke
eddie1234567
QUOTE (erricsson @ Fri, 9 Feb 2007 - 04:30) *
In the photos it doesn't show which of the two parking bays i was in and the one i was in i parked in that day and my brother parks there twice a week for the past two years.

Is there any of the pavement/road around the vehicle visible or just a close up of the car, if just a close up is there any meaningful reflections in the windscreens that could be used to work out position marker.
erricsson
Thanks for all your help guys, i will copy the letter here when i get home.

From the picture you cant make out anything in the back ground meaningful.
eddie1234567
QUOTE (erricsson @ Fri, 9 Feb 2007 - 12:10) *
Thanks for all your help guys, i will copy the letter here when i get home.

From the picture you cant make out anything in the back ground meaningful.

Have a good look when you get back for patternns in any road you can see, certain shapes in the stones, cracks in the surface
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.