Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Red light cam query
FightBack Forums > Queries > Technical Discussion of Enforcement Devices
LouiseB24
I was travling along the A27 towards Brighton 30th Jan - Comming into Shorham (Maybe southwick)
There are a set of lights on a dual carraige way. I hate these lights and the speed is 40mph, and if you go though a amber at a set time you get flashed (Mates have been done a few times)
However, Im riding a 600 Motorbike, the roads wernt wet but a little damp.
I was doing 40mph, maybe 45 not sure. Lights went Amber, no way could I stop in time - Last time I did I went skidding down the highway.
Im not sure if I got flashed, I didnt see a visible flash but I cant be so sure.
Do the lights flash Just as they go to red, or flash when the lights are on red?
Just a bit worried im getting a ticket, only had my licence a week!
How long dose it normally take to get a ticket in the post?
Also, being on a bike, wet ground - no other traffic about could I appeal if I were to get 3 points.
I just know if I stoped, it would of been past the lights with me on the floor angry.gif
Teufel
it is possible to go slower than the speed limit
and so the courts do not find such excuses compelling
indeed they are exacerbating since you are effectively admitting to
driving beyond the limits of your own and other road users safety
Ziltro
I believe red light cameras have a delay between the lights turning red and the camera being active. I also believe this delay is configurable.

I should think it would be something around 1 second, probably not more than 2 seconds.
jeffreyarcher
QUOTE (LouiseB24 @ Mon, 5 Feb 2007 - 17:05) *
How long dose it normally take to get a ticket in the post?

The registered keeper must receive their NIP within 14 days, excluding the day of the offence.
BMW Rider
There is NO OFFENCE by crossing a line when it is amber, but if the red comes on whilst you are still in between the lights you are stuffed|!

You say, 'I was doing 40 possibly 45 but wasnt sure and the road was damp but not wet.'

Surely in those circumstances you should take the damp road into consideration and slow down BELOW the limit. The onus is on you I am afraid.
jeffreyarcher
QUOTE (BMW Rider @ Sat, 10 Feb 2007 - 21:18) *
There is NO OFFENCE by crossing a line when it is amber, but if the red comes on whilst you are still in between the lights you are stuffed|!

Make your mind up. rolleyes.gif
BTW, the bit in bold is the one that is correct.
Monster 900
QUOTE (jeffreyarcher @ Sat, 10 Feb 2007 - 23:43) *
QUOTE (BMW Rider @ Sat, 10 Feb 2007 - 21:18) *

Make your mind up. rolleyes.gif
BTW, the bit in bold is the one that is correct.

Does all the vehicle have to cross on amber or only part for no offence to have been committed? Would really like to know.

Personal interest. I stopped, fairly quickly, on change to amber at a site with camera enforcement rather than take the risk and, predictably, had someone run into the back of me causing major damage to both vehicles.

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.