Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Admitting to NIP
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
seriously innocent
What else will the police check even if i admit to the NIP. I got 3 cars and forgot to renew the insurance when the alleged speeding happened. I have since renewed it. blush.gif

Any advice? icon_hang.gif

thanks
AC105
The Police can check your insurance on thier datbase. I would think this will just show that you are now insured and so they would be unlikely to dig any further and notice the date.

I would be interested to know exactly what happenes when you send in an NIP. Do they check for insurance?

I can never buy tax online because the company I use is not on the database the DVLA uses. Does this mean if I got an NIP I would have to take insurance details in? Or would this only be the case if I was stopped and issued a producer?

What happens if someone drives your car and is flashed by a camera, do the police check insurance or just issue a COFP and eventually points without checking into it further?
Quattro
QUOTE (AC105 @ Mon, 5 Feb 2007 - 14:51) *
I can never buy tax online because the company I use is not on the database the DVLA uses. Does this mean if I got an NIP I would have to take insurance details in? Or would this only be the case if I was stopped and issued a producer?

Whatever you do, do not go the Bolton!

http://www.thisislancashire.co.uk/news/loc...insured_dad.php

blink.gif
AC105
QUOTE (Quattro @ Mon, 5 Feb 2007 - 18:37) *

Yeah I read about that. I occasionally work in Bolton. Surely you have 7 days to produce docs? If your car was clapmed/towed because they thought you didn't have insurance when you did surely you could sue their arse off? Can they actully expect you to pay to have your car returned when thay had no valid reason to take it in the first place? I'm pretty sure if it ever happened to me my car would return with several bodywork marks that would need repairing at the police/local authorities expense.

Anyhow anyone have any comments on the questions further up?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.