Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Next
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
VCE
My wife recieved a NIP for driving my car on the 3/1/07 (40 mph in a 30 mph) - We're sure she wasn't speeding - Anyway we have read the advice on PePiPoo and found it most intersting and completed a PACE witness statement as advised, posted 24/1/07 by recorded delivery.

Yesterday (30/1/07) we recived a reply from the camera processing unit stating that they had checked PACE code C, and that this code of practice for the detention, treatment and questioning of persons being held in custody by police officers and so dose not apply in our case.

The letter then goes on to say that "With consideration to this statement that you have signed admitting that you were the driver of the vehicle at the time of the alleged offence will be used as evidence. In view of this fact i have to advise you that this alleged offence will now be considdered for normal court proceedings."

Another NIP was included with the offer of a fixed panalty.

sad.gif What should we do now ?
The Rookie
File it and make a cup of tes, either you fold or accept the penalty, but any court proceedings are a way off yet!

Simon
VCE
Thanks Simon,

What is the likelihood of a court appearance?

Regards
Simon

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.