Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: red light camera
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
varadero
I could use some advice right now as I've just recieved an NIP for running a red light on a bike registered in my name. The road in question is a dual carriageway that carries no forthcoming camera warning sign, is this obligatory?, the camera/lights setup is on a roundabout, the approach to which is curved to the left, forcing a biker to bank left at speed - possibly 60+ mph in all road conditions. This leaves little time for reaction to a changing green light of course, and in this case not quite enough - 1.7something seconds after the red light at 50+mph. The photo is taken from a camera that could only have an image of the back of a bike and rider, could it have been someone else using the registered keeper's bike? Are there any loopholes here, do the cps have a case to challenge?
Can anyone help the red light runaway?

unsure.gif This is the first time I've used the forum and I hope I can return the generosity someday.
jeffreyarcher
QUOTE (varadero @ Tue, 30 Jan 2007 - 18:31) *
that carries no forthcoming camera warning sign, is this obligatory?,

No.
QUOTE (varadero @ Tue, 30 Jan 2007 - 18:31) *
could it have been someone else using the registered keeper's bike?
From your first sentence, it would appear not. confused2.gif
uknational
AH but, hypothetically, it could be a cloned plate. if you can show you (with immpeccable witnesses) were elsewhere at the time............
crystal
Hi,

1) Please visit the READ ME FIRST section (Click Here), answer all the questions in the NIP Wizard, and then post the Wizard's output back here to enable us to help you.

2) Lying is perverting the course of justice and if found gulity of this you could end up in prison.

3) This safespeed research may well help it was a 60 limit it demonstrates that it could have been impossible for you stop in time.

Regards
Crystal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.