Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: average speed cameras evidence
FightBack Forums > Queries > Technical Discussion of Enforcement Devices
Teufel
searched for but could not find a case - apolgies if subject already covered

has anyone been done by average speed cameras ?

what sort of evidence is put forward ?

what about set-up, testing and calibration ?

given the complexities of a single camera use i am sure that multiple cameras
spaced some distance apart must throw up all sort of issues for raising reasonable doubt
Teufel
bump

has nobody been done by these ?
The Rookie
Not been done by one, no, however the following issues spring to mind:-

1/ Primary and secondary checks are from the same camera readings, so not sure about and safe corroboration.
2/ The distance between cameras is critical, so the person that measured that distance has to give evidence in court if you dispute it (hearsay otherwise).
3/ The distance from the camera that each time reading is taken has to be the same or accounted for (believ it uses laser to trigger the reading at a 'fixed' distance - and we all know how reliable that can be.....
4/ Only appoved to monitor a single lane so if the vehicle is in a different lane at the end of the section to at the start, its not approved
5/ AIUI they do not have to follow the ACPO +10% +2mph as it takes an average speed (hence the peak speed is likely to be higher), I've heard just +2mph but not sure how reliable that is.

Simon
Rallyman72
There is certainly a case here and I'm sure there are others that I've seen. There is another here in BB&G but that is subscribed members only. This latter one was dropped at scammer level due to a faulty NIP and the driver issued with a warning.
Teufel
thanks but neither of these have ended up in court with average speed camera evidence
being presented and contested

does anyone know of such a case ?
Monster 900
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Wed, 31 Jan 2007 - 12:29) *
2/ The distance between cameras is critical, so the person that measured that distance has to give evidence in court if you dispute it (hearsay otherwise).
Simon

I agree. Therefore the device that is used to measure this distance must have a calibration certificate which is traceable to National Standards.

Right?
Ziltro
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Wed, 31 Jan 2007 - 12:29) *

Would that apply at all to a Gatso? That is, the camera housing must be 90ยบ to the road, someone must have measured this.
Teufel
thanks but since no luck here i have started a new thread in speeding forum

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=18007
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.