Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dam Candem Council....
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
StanlyII
I will hold my hands up and say I'm pretty much bang rights on this but I got a PCN this morning for being parked in a "Permit Only - At all times" Space.

Dropped a ill mate off home crashed out there etc... It wasnt until the morning when I realised that the parking "Bay" was subjected to being permit only - Sign about 4ft from my car! But it was dark when I got there!

They tax your tax disc number too which seems to match mine! Car make and colour are both correct.
Also the road is corect!
The parking attendands signature is also on the the PCN.

As I walking out my mates house I noticed the PCN was being placed on the windscreen and rushed over and quickly took it off. The attendant was a sound chap - only doing his job "sorry man - permit holders at all times". I put the ticked in my pocket got in and drove off - no photos as I'm aware where taken off the car. How can I find out?

Also says "Code: 16" on it what ever that means.
£50 if I pay now or if not its £100!!!!

I believe I'm pretty much bang to rights on this but I'm just wondering if there is anyway around it.

Many thanks,

Stan
eddie1234567
QUOTE (StanlyII @ Sun, 28 Jan 2007 - 10:17) *
I will hold my hands up and say I'm pretty much bang rights on this but I got a PCN this morning for being parked in a "Permit Only - At all times" Space.

Dropped a ill mate off home crashed out there etc... It wasnt until the morning when I realised that the parking "Bay" was subjected to being permit only - Sign about 4ft from my car! But it was dark when I got there!

They tax your tax disc number too which seems to match mine! Car make and colour are both correct.
Also the road is corect!
The parking attendands signature is also on the the PCN.

As I walking out my mates house I noticed the PCN was being placed on the windscreen and rushed over and quickly took it off. The attendant was a sound chap - only doing his job "sorry man - permit holders at all times". I put the ticked in my pocket got in and drove off - no photos as I'm aware where taken off the car. How can I find out?

Also says "Code: 16" on it what ever that means.
£50 if I pay now or if not its £100!!!!

I believe I'm pretty much bang to rights on this but I'm just wondering if there is anyway around it.

Many thanks,

Stan

Does it have a description for what code: 16 is on the ticket.

Could you either scan the ticket or type out exactly what it says and post it after you have cleaned personal details off, front and back.

I think there is a post here that says if the description isn't there,, how are you able to know what you are being penalised for
StanlyII
Infaco on the ticked is:
Camden Pental charge notice (PCN) Road traffic act 1991 - as amended) London Local Authrities act 1990 - 2003

PCN NO: xxxxxxxxxxx Date of notification: 28/01/2007
Tax Disk No: xxxxxxxxxxx
Make: xxxxxx Colour xxxxxx
Was seen at location: xxxxxxxxxxx

On: 28/01/2007
P/D ticked Expirty:
By Parking Attendant (number): xxxxxx

Signature of Parking Attendant: (Signature here)

Who had resonable cause to beleive that the following parking contravention had occurred:

Parked in a permit space without displaying a valid permit

Code: 16

You have 28 days to pay this penalty charge of £100.00. However, you only have to pay £50.00 if we receive your payment within the next 14 days

IMPORTANT: Your vehicle may be subject to subsequent Clamping and/or removal action

The parking attendant is not authorised to cancel this ticked

Then on the reverse has all the payment info.

xxxxxxxxxxx - info.
StanlyII
Thinking about it I always thought they give you 5 mins le-way from spotting the car to writing the ticket?

I could have simply arrived to my mates and dropped something off then left after no mroe than 3 minutes.

Yet the From and to times on the ticket are idendical. Surely that should have some effect? Clearly showing the ticket was issed as soon as the car was seen to be parked illegally?
eddie1234567
QUOTE (StanlyII @ Sun, 28 Jan 2007 - 13:09) *
Thinking about it I always thought they give you 5 mins le-way from spotting the car to writing the ticket?

I could have simply arrived to my mates and dropped something off then left after no more than 3 minutes.

Yet the From and to times on the ticket are identical. Surely that should have some effect? Clearly showing the ticket was issed as soon as the car was seen to be parked illegally?

Any period from seen to issue is discretionary, although if there are no loading/unloading restrictions in place then you usually get 20 minutes for loading and unloading,but I don't know if residents bays trump this. Were there any yellow blips on the kerb or any signs saying no loading/unloading.

Can you get pics of the bays and the signs on the wall.
Teufel
there is no requirement for an observation period

however without it the council may find it hard to defeat a claim of an exemption
such as alighting or loading

however these may not be availiable in a bay maked permit only at any time
we would need to see TRO/TMO
StanlyII
QUOTE (Teufel @ Sun, 28 Jan 2007 - 14:09) *

Whats that?
whitewing
"You have 28 days to pay this penalty charge of £100.00. However, you only have to pay £50.00 if we receive your payment within the next 14 days"

Doesn't it need to say 28 days from when, or does that only apply to NTOs ?
StanlyII
Not sure!

Thinking of just biting the bullet and paying them £50!
DW190
You have 28 days to pay this penalty charge of £100.00. However, you only have to pay £50.00 if we receive your payment within the next 14 days"

Doesn't it need to say 28 days from when, or does that only apply to NTOs ?

This is a Camden PCN which I have seen one somewhere on here.

I think Camdens PCN has the correct wording on the back. To make it compliant it must refer you to the correct wording within the Notice itself.

"See Overleaf" within the Notice.
eddie1234567
QUOTE (StanlyII @ Sun, 28 Jan 2007 - 17:50) *
QUOTE (Teufel @ Sun, 28 Jan 2007 - 14:09) *

Whats that?

The traffic managment order / Traffic Regulation? order which is the bit of paper (or reams) that says what can be done where restricitons are in place
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.