Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 59mph in 30mph limit
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Worried59
Last year on the 8th September I was caught speeding by a mobile camera at 59mph passing through the rural village of Corston, Wiltshire which has a 30mph speed limit. I received a NIP witin 14 days and sent this back. NIP gave details of photographic evidence on the web and it's definately me.

These are the answers you've given so far:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes

It's now January and I stil haven't heard anything. I am very worried that I will be banned icon_hang.gif . Can anyone tell me if this is likely. My licence has been clean for 20 years but I gather this doesn't count
/dev/null
QUOTE (Worried59 @ Mon, 22 Jan 2007 - 00:30) *
Last year on the 8th September I was caught speeding by a mobile camera at 59mph passing through the rural village of Corston, Wiltshire which has a 30mph speed limit. I received a NIP witin 14 days and sent this back. NIP gave details of photographic evidence on the web and it's definately me.

These are the answers you've given so far:
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes

It's now January and I stil haven't heard anything. I am very worried that I will be banned icon_hang.gif . Can anyone tell me if this is likely. My licence has been clean for 20 years but I gather this doesn't count

Yes, it is quite likely. sad.gif
They have 6 months from the data of the offence to lay the information with the magistrates - keep your fingers crossed! smile.gif
Blackbird
Unfortunately Wiltshire are 'rather tardy' in laying informations at Court ............ but they are not known to miss many. Five or five and a half months is common, I would suggest that you use your time planning 'mitigation' ready for an appearance in front of the Mags, you may be lucky but as I said, this is not common.
Blackbird
Any news? dontknow.gif
Worried59
NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? - Wiltshire
Date of the offence: - 8 September 2006
Date of the NIP: - 11 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 13 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - A429 (SOUTHBOUND), CORSTON (SITE CP8)
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - NK
How many current points do you have? - 0
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - I was caught speeding by a mobile camera at 59mph passing through the rural village of Corston, Wiltshire which has a 30mph speed limit.

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Were you driving? - Yes
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v1.1.0: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:28:14 +0000

To date 11 March 2007 I haven't heard a thing and wonder if the The '6 month rule' that is frequently talked about on these boards now applies.

Our post is not 100% reliable so if a brown envelope has gone astray, I assume the law will say it is up to me to find out if a summons has been issued.

Should I phone the CPS (I think they are in Malmesbury) to see if they have 'laid the information' with a court or should I phone all the courts in Wiltshire to see if my name is with them?

Just checked and the photo evidence is still on the website.

Any advice welcome
Worried59
HELP Summons has arrived unsure.gif

Date on Summons 02/03/07 which I guess is the date information was laid to the court and therefore just inside the 6 month timeout!

Date of hearing is 03/05/07. It states I can plead guilty by post. If the court is considering a driving disqualification, it will not finish my case at the hearing and will send me a notice saying when I must attend before the magistrates on a later date and I can give reasons why I should not be disqualified then.

My intial feeling, being a coward is to plead guilty by post.

I have a clean driving licence which is one without a photo so proves I haven't had any convictions removed recently.

Any advice on whether to go to court or not and what to write for mitigation would be greatly appreciated
Worried59
Worried59
If I was speeding then so was the car behind me!
AC105
QUOTE (Worried59 @ Tue, 17 Apr 2007 - 22:58) *

Not sure how that helps your case exactly?
Worried59
QUOTE (AC105 @ Tue, 17 Apr 2007 - 23:34) *
QUOTE (Worried59 @ Tue, 17 Apr 2007 - 22:58) *

Not sure how that helps your case exactly?

It doesn't help at all.

I was traveling on a quiet Rural A road which passes through a small village with speed limit now 30. The police van was at the bottom of the hill and I was caught just entering the village coming down the hill. There is a bend at the bottom which everyone slows down for but of course the camera catches everyone coming down the hill before the bend. The car behind me just shows I'm not the only one caught out here.

The percentage of drivers exceeding the speed limit at this site is recorded as 74%.

picture of site below but doesn't show the hill clearly
http://secure.safetycameraswiltshire.co.uk...photos_CP9.html
Worried59
For those of you interested........
Went to cout result 6 points and £270.00 fine plus £35 costs blush.gif
Quattro
QUOTE (Worried59 @ Sun, 6 May 2007 - 22:34) *
For those of you interested........
Went to cout result 6 points and £270.00 fine plus £35 costs blush.gif

Better than you had feared then. cool.gif

Don't know whether to congratulate or commiserate, so.... Well done smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.