Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Split From: 14 day NIP Rule on company car
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
scousa
My wife has the same issue. The car she drives is owned by the company and she was forwarded the original NIP which was dated 20 days after the alleged offence. I am about to send in an edited version of the RAC letter that can be found elsewhere on this forum.
My letter which refers back to both her NIP and the compnaies ends...

The original Notice of Intended Prosecution that was sent to the registered keeper was actually dated 20 days after the date of the alleged offence; so not within the 14 days as legislation requires and as explained in your correspondence sheet.

The Notice cannot be acted upon as it is time-expired. For the Notice to have been valid, it ought to have been with the registered keeper within 14 days of the alleged offence.

It was suggested I write back to you immediately with these comments. If you feel that I am incorrect please respond within 7 days of receipt of this letter.

I am unsure however if I should send back the S172 at the same time or wait till closer to the 28 day limit then if I have not heard back follow the 'without caution' advice also found elsewhere on this forum.
Peter_D
Scousa, Start your own thread and start it with the output of the NIP WIZARD copied and pasred into the thread. Regards Peter
scousa
have just started new thread sorry if I messsed up the forum.. I won't do it again unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.