Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what do you think
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
jamesgti
hi there new to the site probably posted in the wrong section (sorry in advance)

Got stopped Saturday night , a marked police car with 2 officers , pulled out behind me and followed me for 2 miles then pulled me over , asked what the speed limit was down the road they were watch , I said 40mph and he said what were you doing , I replied 40mph (maybe 44 -45) he then pulled a speed gun off the floor and it read 69mph , I then said that must be wrong or that wasn’t my car , and asked to see a picture of my car, he then said there is no video . then went on to tell me that his gun was great no "some cheap shit from down the market " and both officer tried to give me a fixed notice of 3 points and a fine , as I was not speeding I said no , then it went on even like it was in a shop like he was trying to sell me a ticket , no thanks I said he then told me that I didn’t want to hassle of going to court and paying lots of money , this is totally unfair and not right , I believe the speed gun was a lti 20/20 . If this goes to court and he doesn’t have a video of my car. How is this proof could be anybody’s car for all I know. He then went on to tell me that my first speed was a 89 mph. please i come from a redlight were he was parked say 100 meters up then road i would have to be on a motorbike to hit that speed in that time . Why do they lie and try and cheat you
cjm99
If this goes to court and he doesn’t have a video of my car. How is this proof could be anybody’s car for all I know. He then went on to tell me that my first speed was a 89 mph.

The opinion of two police officers is adequate. They do not need any other corroboration.
Peter_D
And what paperwork did they give you,? Any. ? a Producer, what. Did you show them your driving licence or anything. Regards Peter
jamesgti
Hi peter I showed them nothing and received a producer. I will have to fight this because I will receive 6 points and lose my driver license because intill 4 weeks I only have a 6 point licence. How unlucky. plus i will lose my job ,
crystal
Hi,

To fight this situation you will probabaly need a good (read expensive) solictor. If you do get 6 points and you licence is revoked under the new drivers rules you can apply for you new licence straight away and re-take your tests.
It depend swhy you need a licence for you job, for transport if you got a moped/125 motorbike you could be back on the road in a few weeks (time for licence and CBT). It would take a while longer to redo the tests but not forever and could be cheaper than a solictor
Regards
Crystal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.