Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CIVIL PENALATY NOTICE
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
DAVIDZOIDZ
HI ,GUYS AND GIRLS?
Ok, yes i am new and i do get a lot of questions from people i work with about speeding tickets etc,so now i know where to send them biggrin.gif ,but this is for me.
9 days remaining mad.gif ,
Went to ASDA to-day to get last minute items, as we do icon_redface.gif ,struggled to find a space ,spent 10 mins looking but couldn't get in ,so i parked in the customer pick up point near front doors went to the cash machine(approx 90secs) went to get 2 items (180 secs) total+-=4.30 to 5 mins max..
As i walked out to my car the b,stard slapped a ticket on my window , as he explained i had left the car unattended ( so i wont go into great detail but sudden death was an option)now follows my point!!!!!

1- as a valid customer as i did by items and have receipts, what if i needed a wee etc (call of nature to you ohmy.gif posh people) and had to go ohmy.gif , aren't i allowed more than 5mins mad.gif , i mean they weren't there when i went to the cash machine ie: 90secs.

2 At the time stated lets say 1130.am is when the ticket was issued and it says 11.30 when 1st seen????, so they sore me and ticketed me all at the same time?? but wait? ninja.gif at 11.33 i had just left the till so he is out by 3 to 4 mins what can i do with this info excl.gif .

3 Also they have me down for obstructive parking , now the bay can take 4 cars and there were only myself and another there so how can this be obstructive parking (their is a code for loading bay on the ticket but they chose obstructive instead,is this ticket in error???? blink.gif
4. should i just say i wasn't the driver at the time, cool.gif , HeEEEEEeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEP
born2bongo
I'm guessing it's the unattended bit that made him give you the ticket. Without knowing the location it's hard to say, but if you were picking up people someone would be in the car or by the car. Even if you were picking up shopping you would be in sight of the car.

Anyway, we need more information. If it's in Asda car park I take it we are talking private company, not council or police? Can you post a picture of the ticket?

Probably not a good idea to deny being the driver when you actually spoke to the attendant.
Mozzman
We need to know who the ticket is from (assume a private enforcement compamy). It would also help if you could provide photos of any signage which prohibits you from parking there or gives notice of the penalties.

You have a number of options.....

1. Complain to the store manager and see if they will assist. Provide evidence that you were a customer (receipts) etc.

2. Contact the enforcement company and say that you didn't enter into a contract for private parking (insert details of signage defficiencies) etc. and you won't be paying

3. Simply ignore the ticket and wait and see what happens

4. Pay up

Clearly, option 4 is a non starter wink.gif

I might be tempted to try option 1 as it can solve the problem quickly and painlessly if you catch them in a Christmas mood......otherwise, your choice between 2 & 3 will depend on how many faults you can find in the supposed 'contract' ie. Is it clear what the parking rules are, what the penalties are, when they must be paid by, are they proportionate to the cost incurred by the company etc.

Difficult to answer this without more info
Morti
"They all have stated that the parking restrictions are in place to allow genuine customers to park freely and guard against unauthorised parking on this car park. As I was clearly a genuine customer of your stores and certainly not parking illicitly, it seems very unreasonable to make a charge in this case. "

Option 1
- WOULD TALK TO THE STORE MANAGER! tell him/her u won't be returning!

Who issued the ticket?
DW190
QUOTE (Morti @ Sat, 23 Dec 2006 - 11:24) *
"They all have stated that the parking restrictions are in place to allow genuine customers to park freely and guard against unauthorised parking on this car park. As I was clearly a genuine customer of your stores and certainly not parking illicitly, it seems very unreasonable to make a charge in this case. "

Option 1
- WOULD TALK TO THE STORE MANAGER! tell him/her u won't be returning!

Who issued the ticket?

When you speak to he manager do not admit to being the driver. Use the term "The vehicle was issued with a Notice" and "The driver parked the vehicle"

Remember they have to prove it was you and you're under no obligation to admit to or advise them who was driving at the time.
Wayne Pendle
If you check the signs at any ASDA, the company with whom they have a contract with, are using signs that are unenforcable, there is no offer of a contract, they merely attempt to enforce a penalty regime when they have no legal right to do so. I have informed ASDA of this on many occasions and it is ignored. I'm trying to get a ticket in ASDA at the moment but can't seem to get one.

Sen me a PM and i'll help you with it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.