Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mobile speed camera and a recent change in speed limit
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
jungleguy
Hi everyone

I'd like some advice, or opinion.

I recently was driving into Buty st Edmunds, in a convoy of traffic, along a stretch of road that within the last year has had its speed limit changed from 40 to 30. Anyhow we were all doing 40. I've received nothing through the post as of yet, but....I'm angry, that these rudy 'safety' cameras which are meant to be deployed to 'accident black spots' are really just greed cameras. There have been no major accidents at the strecth of road which we were driving on.

what's the deal, can authorities act so callously? I feel that this is blatent entrapment.

cheers

j
Bluedart
QUOTE (jungleguy @ Thu, 21 Dec 2006 - 21:54) *
Hi everyone

I'd like some advice, or opinion.

I recently was driving into Buty st Edmunds, in a convoy of traffic, along a stretch of road that within the last year has had its speed limit changed from 40 to 30. Anyhow we were all doing 40. I've received nothing through the post as of yet, but....I'm angry, that these rudy 'safety' cameras which are meant to be deployed to 'accident black spots' are really just greed cameras. There have been no major accidents at the strecth of road which we were driving on.

what's the deal, can authorities act so callously? I feel that this is blatent entrapment.

cheers

j

can authorities act so callously?

Afraid so. We let it happen by letting those on council from town or parish up to county level, give the go ahead for these, as you put it, "blatant entrapment". One of the best money making scams we have to date.
So who will get your vote?
Wolfie_17
Pretty much they have the ability to do whatever they like, whether they are acting within the law is another matter. I take it you were flashed by a Gatso or similar? or a van?
The first guy in the convoy should have stood on the brakes to slow the rest up or cause a multi vehicle pile up, now that would have been ironic underneath a 'safety' camera.
jungleguy
it was a van, I was second in the convoy.The women infront was in her 60's.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.