Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nip and driver not locatable
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
slatee
I have recently received a NIP. The circumstances are as follows my ex girl friend was driving my car at the time and she was insured to drive it .We have recently split up and she is moving away from her current address I have no contact details for her other than her shortly to be old address. To complicate matters I was banned at the time she was driving. I am going to fill in her adress on the NIP. What steps will the police go to in finding her? And if they are unable to locate her will they pin the speeding offence on me?
This is worringly me greatly. Any advice/info/experience of these circumstances will be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Slatee
firefly
Why can't you get in touch with her and ask her what her new address is?
Lynnzer
QUOTE (slatee @ Wed, 20 Dec 2006 - 12:38) *
I have recently received a NIP. The circumstances are as follows my ex girl friend was driving my car at the time and she was insured to drive it .We have recently split up and she is moving away from her current address I have no contact details for her other than her shortly to be old address. To complicate matters I was banned at the time she was driving. I am going to fill in her adress on the NIP. What steps will the police go to in finding her? And if they are unable to locate her will they pin the speeding offence on me?
This is worringly me greatly. Any advice/info/experience of these circumstances will be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Slatee

It's your duty to complete the NIP details naming the driver if known at the time. If you can do this then the onus falls onto the shoulders of the named driver who will be sent a separate NIP.
The police will send it out to the last known address so as long as this is confirmed by them, perhaps by her inclusion on the electoral register for this address you have discharged your duty.
Don't under any circumstances make an address up as it'll catch up with you and bite you in the butt. The police are really aggressive in following up on these matters in some areas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.