FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Jeewhizz
Just got this through today:

NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? - Gwent
Date of the offence: - December 2006
Date of the NIP: - 7 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 8 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - M4 near tolls plaza rogiet monmouthshire w/b
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
How many current points do you have? - 0

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - Wales
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • Complete the PACE witness statement.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v1.0.2: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 13:56:49 +0000

I don't remember actually speeding, but it appears I was! I was going 63 in the 50.

My only excuse is that i had to use the loo (i have a medical condition that means I have constant diahorrea), and so was left with either having to find a service station or leave a mess in my pants. I can have a doctor's letter to back this up should I need one. I came off at the next service station to use the loo, and have proof I did so with a timed ATM withdrawal slip. (Speeding ticket times at 12:45. ATM advice slip times at 12:56)

I'm not sure what my next step should be. Would appreciate some help

Cheers,

Jee
give_me_a_break
Join the ever expanding M4 Toll rip off club. Should have signs up saying £64.50 as toll fee with the amount of people being caught there. http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=16653

If they are so worried about this being an accident spot why not put up a permenant camera then motorists would actually slow down.

Is there anywhere we can get the number of people being caught here? I think it would open some eyes.

Also I thought an area had to be decided as an exception for hidden speed cameras, am I wrong there?
SMURF POWER
Travel this road 3 or 4 times a month to Bristol
Lots of warning of speed cameras... those who regularly drive the road know it cheaper at the tolls if you stick to the limits sadly each time I travel it I see plenty of customers. Since my mate got done doing 92mph on the bridge (30day ban and £400 fine plus costs) I have slowed down and over the last year or so the speed on the bridge i think has reduced. I think the only option is that the Welsh assembly should buy the bridge back of the French and make it toll free and rip out the tolls … not going to happen would save me loads of cash. biggrin.gif

Why put a static camera in it would be out of film by lunch time Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_hang.gif

“Hidden speed cameras” Their argument would be they can see you and the picture does show that you can see them… sad.gif

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=At...ost&id=2306
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.