Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Central ticket office refusal to acceipt the pace statement.
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Mick kerfoot
[font=Tahoma][size=3]Hi Folks.

I was clocked by a Tallivan that was parked on the pavement doing 49 in a 40 mph dual carrageway.
After reading this sites information I decided to fillin the Pace statement and send the NIP back blank exceipt see attached written across it. smile.gif

The Duty manager at the Nottingham ticket office has written to me along with an offer of 3 points and has stated.
1 Mawdsley v The cheif counstable cheshire
That conformity with code c 10.1 is not required or relavant to this case.

2 Provided any statement (the pace statement) makes the relavant facts clear and it is signed it can be used in evidence. Apparently this was the view in jonesvdpp(2004)

I have decided to ignore his very generous offer of 3 points and a fine. mad.gif

Any suggestions as what to do next?

Mick
Rallyman72
Make the tea, read the paper and get on with life.

You may or may not now receive various letters threatening dire consequences and ultimately a summons.

Use the time to read up on here about the PACE statement and the experiences of folk in court so that you can prepare your defence if and when a summons appears. If you do get a summons please scan and post back in this thread so that we can try and see if there are any errors.
fossn
The above advice is spot on.
many people are getting all kinds of rubbish back from the PACE statement.
At the end of the day even if you are summonsed you plead not guilty and you will get your case dismissed so sit back, take it easy and ignore everything except the summons.
H&Ps
QUOTE (fossn @ Thu, 30 Nov 2006 - 16:20) *
The above advice is spot on.
many people are getting all kinds of rubbish back from the PACE statement.
At the end of the day even if you are summonsed you plead not guilty and you will get your case dismissed so sit back, take it easy and ignore everything except the summons.

so how come 2 people who have had threads on here this week got financially fuxxed from just using PACE - ie: went to court with it and were fined with costs etc over £600

PACE may help with a good defence/lawyer but personally i don't think i'd take it to court alone and expect to walk away with a grin on my face - i think you need to more for your defence - everyone's case is going to different too

from what i can make out the PACE thing is good as it's gives 'em the info they require you then have the chance that it will time out/get lost/binned.. who knows! but if you take it to court with no other defence i think you'll get fined bad

unless someone can tell me otherwise

i'm interested in hearing from people who have used PACE in court with success..... or not as the case may be blink.gif
crystal
Hi,

The PACE w/s statement case it waiting for judgement in the high court, that is why people are asking for adjorments because if the nothing besides pace to fight on you can win in court today. (Often there are other problems with the summons to expolit)

Regards
Crystal
Mick kerfoot
Many thanks for your replies.
Wait and see what happens next

Mick blush.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.