Full Version: NIP Recieved - 38 in a 30
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
rik
NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? - South Yorkshire Police
Date of the offence: - November 2006
Date of the NIP: - 12 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 13 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - HIGH ST at Bellows Rd, Rawmarsh Rotherham
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
How many current points do you have? - 0

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • Complete the PACE witness statement.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v1.0.2: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:01:58 +0000

Hi,
New to this forum, posted topic as instructed. Not sure how this works though.
Do I need to send the pink NIP back now?
Rik
rik
Also, I still have the 3 points showing on my licence from when I was caught in Feb 2000. Obviously these are not valid anymore and I could have taken them off the paper licence in Feb 2004 but never got around to it.
When I have to send the licence in for these 3 points (38 in a 30 so I guess thats what I'll get), will they remove the old ones and add the new ones?
Falcon_II
Dont send the nip back and dont fill it ut until you have read the information about the PACE and how it Can help you. The NIP Wizard tells you to fill out the Pace form. if you go the PACE route then you will have to state on the NIP Please see attached and nothing more.
Hotel Oscar 87
Hi. The answer is no. You will be asked - if we get that far - to forward your licence to the Court and they will endorse it (i.e. probably handwrite in) the details of the 3 points, the offence code and the Court identifier. This is not done by the DVLA. The Court cannot remove the points which are *removed* simply by means of a new licence being issued by the DVLA should you apply to them for that. As it will stand, all things being equal, you will end up with one set of *spent* points from 2000 and a new endorsement in relation to the current problem. To clarify the DVLA will print current points onto a replacement licence but do not make the "endorsement" - this is done solely by the Courts. Hope that's clear.
rik
Does anyone have an example of a PACE letter?
Falcon_II
Click on the PACE STATMENT Below
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.