Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: speeding caught by gun
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
skello
quick question my partner just been caught by speed gun by a marked police car with 2 police in,
the car was not visible whatsoever from the road until she had passed the point of where they were parked.is this fair and legal
there was a car directly behind my partner at the same time as they went passed police car and police said never stopped other car as they thought both cars together, stopped my partner even though car which was behind sped passed and took off
please help
she was caught at 88 but who is to know which car they checked?
Bluedart
QUOTE (skello @ Tue, 14 Nov 2006 - 15:37) *
quick question my partner just been caught by speed gun by a marked police car with 2 police in,
the car was not visible whatsoever from the road until she had passed the point of where they were parked.is this fair and legal
there was a car directly behind my partner at the same time as they went passed police car and police said never stopped other car as they thought both cars together, stopped my partner even though car which was behind sped passed and took off
please help
she was caught at 88 but who is to know which car they checked?
Early days, but without being to harsh, you are on very thin ice.
Reason being there were two of them one to corroberate the other that she was speeding.
Wait until you get the paperwork and then come back again. I do not like saying this to anyone, but my guess would be for you to cough up what they are asking for.
skello
many thanks for quick reply
she got fp at the roadside,60quid jobby
skello
so does it not matter that the car was not at all visible?
Bluedart
QUOTE (skello @ Tue, 14 Nov 2006 - 17:28) *
so does it not matter that the car was not at all visible?

You would no doubt have a job to prove that the car was obscured.
Not knowing what the speed limit is/was at the time she was zapped, I would consider the £60 and the three points she will get a bargain.
I think Tesco give you more points for £60 so it may be better to crawl in there next time.
skello
the speed limit was 70mph and the car was parked in the crathorne sliproad to A19 north and there is no way to see it as the police car was well back on the slip road where it was concealed by high trees and a small hill
Rallyman72
Visibility makes no difference at all.
skello
many thanks for clearing it up
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.