Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Received NIP....next step?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
crayven
Hi folks,

Recently received NIP for speed taxation on the A449 near monmouth

80 in a 70
Camera van

Just curious as to whether to ask for Photo evidence to help identify the driver or continue and reply straight away with a PACE?

Any advice?

Heres my NIP wizzard.

NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? - Gwent Police
Date of the offence: - October 2006
Date of the NIP: - 10 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 11 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - A449 LLANDENNY
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
How many current points do you have? - 0
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - travelling south on A449 near monmouth overtaking slower moving car doing approx 60ish mph , me travelling at approx mid 70`s mph could have been 80 mph in right hand lane on dual carraigeway on long left hand bend, upon clearing the car nearing the end of the bend noticed Camera Van parked up in layby. Road conditions good, clear, dry and sunny.

Alledged offence - Excess speed 70mph camera device
Recoreded speed 80mph

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - Wales
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • Complete the PACE witness statement.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v1.0.2: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 18:08:30 +0000
crayven
No advice out there about steps to take?

Should i respond and ask for photos to help identify?
or just reply with the PACE?
Ignore it altogether?
soft_lad
If you were driving, asking for the photo's is only really a delaying tactic. Send the PACE statement, and do a search for 'Gwent', there's several ongoing cases there.
MartinHP71
QUOTE (crayven @ Sun, 12 Nov 2006 - 20:14) *
No advice out there about steps to take?

Should i respond and ask for photos to help identify?
or just reply with the PACE?
Ignore it altogether?

The NIP Wizard has given you the response, it says employ the PACE WS.

Leave returning this until as close to the 28 days as possible and then send by special delivery so you know it has been delivered. Then when you get any response post on here and people will help you.
crayven
Cheers guys,

Looks like ill wait untill close to the 28 days then request the photos.
See what happens next.......
crystal
Hi,

Waiting until the 28 days is up and asking for photos leaves you open to a procecution for failure to supply. Asking for the phot does not extend the deadline. and leaving until the last minute does not show due dilligenge if you are trying to id the driver (which as you were driving you do not need to do).

I would just send a PACE w/s

Regards
Crystal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.