Full Version: Pace statement, now with pic of NIP
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
dan.lewis
NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? - LEICESTERSHIRE
Date of the offence: - November 2006
Date of the NIP: - 3 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 4 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - B4666 Coventry road, hinckley
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - Travelling down Coventry road, see the reflective lights on a van. so slow down to 30ish. but got done at 42mph. My girlfriend was following close behind and she was doing 25 and has 3 people to verify this. If was a bit foggy also.

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Unsure
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Do you know who was driving? - Unsure who was driving
Were you driving? - Unsure

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • If you can show that after reasonable diligence you have been unable to determine the identity of the driver, you will not be guilty of S172 failure to provide.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v1.0.2: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 18:54:14 +0000

I cant seem to find a letter template on how to ask for the evidence of the footage/pictures

as you can see it says camera not mobile
The Rookie
Thats because you don't need a template, a polite letter asking for photo's 'to help confirm the identity' of the driver is all you need, do not ask for evidence as you are not entitled to see any at this stage.

Please do not put that you are unsure of driver when thats clearly not the case, no-one on this site will support perjury, a serious offence that can carry a custodial sentance as ex-Tory MP's well know, along with several motorists who have lied about who was driving......

Simon
dan.lewis
so i just ask for the pictures first, what time range should i do this in before the 28days or on the 26 day

Then they should reply- and i ask for the calibration certifacate and stuff?

And would fog make the camera inaccurate?

on my NIP it says camera, but it was a mobile van
dan.lewis
would this be ok to ask for the pictures:

9 November, 2006
Chief Constable
Leicestershire Constabulary,
Road Safety Unit,
PO Box 8418,
Leicester
LE3 4BQ
Dear Chief Constable,
Regarding alleged offence Ref: C02793067

With regards to this alleged offence I am unable to determine who was driving the vehicle at this point in time. So I would like to request photographic evidence to confirm the driver of the vehicle LR04 AFN.

Also I would like to know the position of this camera and the type that was used.
Regards
Daniel J Lewis
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.