Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speeding 104 on 70 mph ( Court costs/Fine )
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
del2006
NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? - staffordshire
Date of the offence: - September 2006
Date of the NIP: - 0 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 0 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - M6 Toll
Was the NIP addressed to you? - No
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - NK
How many current points do you have? - 3
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - I was stopped last saturday [5.10am] by an unmarked police car. My average speed from vascar was [104.74mph 1.872 64.34]. I had just got on the M6 toll when a car joined me from a slip road. It followed me for a while before turning on the blue lights. I was taken to the back sit to view the evidence. There were 2 officers in the car. I was given a verbal warning and told that the case would go to court and that I might be disqualified . I was told that i would need to convince the magistrate why i should not be disqualified.

The other problem was that i was told to present my licence at a police station within 7 days. I showed them my photocard licence but they said i would still need to produce the paper licence. The problem is that i can not find my paper licence. I am applying to DVLA for a replacement but this would take up to 3 weeks .

I have not recieved a written NIP or court summon. I currently have 3 points on my license. Please advice

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • Complete the PACE witness statement.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v1.0.2: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 11:45:09 +0100

Hi all,

I was stopped last saturday [5.10am] by an unmarked police car. My average speed from vascar was [104.74mph 1.872 64.34]. I had just got on the M6 toll when a car joined me from a slip road. It followed me for a while before turning on the blue lights. I was taken to the back sit to view the evidence. There were 2 officers in the car. I was given a verbal warning and told that the case would go to court and that I might be disqualified . I was told that i would need to convince the magistrate why i should not be disqualified.

The other problem was that i was told to present my licence at a police station within 7 days. I showed them my photocard licence but they said i would still need to produce the paper licence. The problem is that i can not find my paper licence. I am applying to DVLA for a replacement but this would take up to 3 weeks .

I have not recieved a written NIP or court summon. I currently have 3 points on my license. Please advice
toofastforthelaw
RE police station. Take your photo license along now and explain the situation w.r.t. the paper counterpart.
viper
Your unlucky mate they really target that road. I don’t understand why as it’s always empty and relatively safe doing this kind of speed. Looks like it’s more about the figures than actually reducing any kind of casualty figures which is common knowledge to us all on the site.

Just filth really I mean what a bore pulling someone on an empty M6 toll road for 106. Would be interesting to see if anyone has the collision/serious injury figures for the toll road I would imagine they are pretty low. They would be certainly be lower than the M6 because lower volume of traffic
timechaser
I am actually surprised to hear someone has been targetted along this road. I admit to doing insane speeds on this road tongue.gif but due to it being absolutely empty, and a dream to drive on - and well no policing, it was fun.

I guess day's over and no more speeding - even on the M6 Toll!!!

I didnt know at all they were checking the road - I know there are no speed cameras there...
redloner
GMP ACC Steve Thomas was done for over 100 on the M6T.

Needless to say, there was no ban!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/3671161.stm
crystal
Hi,

Consider a specialst motoring solictor it will be expensive but probably the only way to get off.
When you get the summons you can post here to see if we can help. To avoid a ban you will need to plead mitgating circumstances, as a rule the mags are only intested in the effect of a ban on other people not you.
That said a ban can be quite short (30 days) and this might be better than 12 poibts for 3 years.

Regards
Crystal
del2006
Hi all.

I have taken my photocard licence to the police station. I was asked for the counterpart.I told them that I have applied for a replacement.They filled a witness...form saying they saw my photocard licence and a proof of delivery to the DVLA for a replacement of the paper counter part.

Please , has any one got an idea of what happens next ? When will I recieve a court summon? Would I recieve a NIP if i have already been given a verbal one.

Anyway, i have contacted a solicitor with the itention to represent myself on a guity plea. Its about £200. I was told the minimum i would get is £500 and 30 day ban ???

Thanks
del2006
Please, does anyone know of a case where a ban has been given without a fine ?

Thanks
del2006
Anyone ?
chadders
Is the fine amount worrying you?

Really it's in the hands of the gods, however they do provide you with a "Means Form" - where you detail income/outgoing - be honest and they'll level the fine accordingly. You also don't need to pay in one go, they'll take paltry installments.
Tam1
If you need your license for your job, then if you can get a letter from your work saying no car no job , or a short ban which you could take as holiday from work then present that to the court you'll either end up with a load of points and a fine, or a short ban 7-14 days and no points and a fine.

Personally for 104Mph on M40 i went for a short ban (7 days and a fine £200)
del2006
Hi all,

I would be pleading guilty to a speeding case ( 104mph on M6 Toll ).

I am not bothered about the length of the ban but i am more concerned
about the FINE. i.e i would prefer a higer court cost but no Fine.

Has anyone heard of a case where no FINE was given but a ban and
court cost.

Thanks
Bluedart
QUOTE (del2006 @ Mon, 6 Nov 2006 - 12:34) *
Hi all,

I would be pleading guilty to a speeding case ( 104mph on M6 Toll ).

I am not bothered about the length of the ban but i am more concerned
about the FINE. i.e i would prefer a higer court cost but no Fine.

Has anyone heard of a case where no FINE was given but a ban and
court cost.

Thanks

Strange request, can you elaborate?
andy_foster
You've started a duplicate thread!
del2006
I have posted something about this in the past. The thing is i think getting a Fine under the rehabilition Act would imply that for the next 5yrs you would need to state the offence if asked whether you have an unspent offence i.e when applying for a Job etc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.