Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Van Speed Limits? Flashed on the A1 in Vivaro
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
DaveBrow
Hi all apologies if in the wrong place etc.

I've just had a NIP saying i was doing 71 on the A1 NB Great Ponton. (Mobile Van ) Now although i've been driving a van for 10 years i never knew my speed was restricted to 60mph on Dual Carriageways.

What are my options ???

I am currently fighting 2 more NIP (35 in 30mph zone) (37 in 30mph zone) I drive over 50.000 miles a year and even with being careful it seams impossible to avoid these bastards .

I also have 9 points on my licence already. I accepted these without a fight like an idiot and am now paying for it .

Thanks in advance chaps. sad.gif
andy_foster
Sorry mate, the crystal ball's on the blink again.

Please visit the READ ME FIRST section (Click Here), answer all the questions in the NIP Wizard, and then post the Wizard's output back here to enable us to help you.

As you have 3 ongoing cases - all of which you need to win, you should start a separate thread for each of the other 2 in the Speeding & Judicial Process forum.
Peter_D
Speed Limits – a van over 2.0t and under 3.5t GVW has a national single lane speed limit of 50mph (compared to 60mph for a car) and a duel carriageway limit of 60mph (compared to 70mph for a car). This means that most small vans will have the same limits as a car, however the Ford Connect and VW Caddy both exceed 2.0t GVW and are therefore required to follow the lower speed limits. So what weight is your van. It sound like a load of PACE and Pray. Regards Peter
andy_foster
Car speed limits only apply to car derived vans with a Maximum Authorised Mass of under 2000kg. The Vivaro fails on both counts.
DaveBrow
Just rung up to query a NIP i have received and the bloke at the other end has told me someones put a note on the screen saying how i posted (1) on here requesting info. Basically a police officer reading and looking . Is this legal ? I was only asking for advice on the matter after all. I rang the chap and he didn't want to know so i guess i will see him in court.

Any advice would be appreciated bacause I'd like to know my legal standpoint on 1 the initial incident and 2 the bloke investigating me because I'm posting on a public forum.

He will I suppose this as well, and to me it feels a bit sad that they would go to such lengths to catch a bloke out who's just trying to make a living.

Cheers
popdog28
The hills have eyes, the walls have ears, the police have too much time on their hands. Dont think they could use anything posted on here from a legal standpoint because they cant prove the poster is you.

However, thaey can use info on here to formulate a theory as to who is driving, by dates etc. Just be careful what you say in detail, but no, its not fair. If they spent as much time on the beat as on the net, maybe the real criminals would have a harder time
DaveBrow
Unbelieveable the fella sounded like he'd caught a murderer. So i got my figures wrong and did 70 in a van. I've got no problem with that just alittle dissapointed that they behave like that. As you say maybe stopping some real crime is too hard for them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.