Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Caught by Gwent Police on the A449 - In Company car
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
SiKBoY
Bit of a conundrum here,

As far as my understanding of the situation went Gwent Police sent a NIP to my work asking who the driver was etc etc.

But then they sent a Conditional offer of fixed penalty in my name to my work ??? Surely that should have some thru to my home address. Anyway I am not sure where I stand when a NIP has not been signed by myself but by someone who works for the company.

I have got until 02/11/06 to respond to the Conditional offer. I am considering sending them a recorded letter asking for a copy of the evidence that they say they have against myself (which is obviously the NIP signed by work).

iirc I was doing 83 in a 70 phah
Mika
QUOTE (SiKBoY @ Fri, 13 Oct 2006 - 16:05) *
Anyway I am not sure where I stand when a NIP has not been signed by myself but by someone who works for the company.

In your position, I would do absolutely nothing at all. smile.gif
nemo
Please could you complete the NIP Wizard (in the FAQs) and paste all of the details back into this thread.

In the meantime (and purely from what has been written in your first post), it appears that you are in pretty good shape..smile.gif

In the absence of any signed statement by yourself that you were the driver at the time of the alleged offence, then there exists no admissible evidence of driver identity. If I were you, I'd sit tight and do nothing. I wouldn't be corresponding with the scammers either verbally or in writing. It looks like a balls up on their part and you don't really want to be making them aware of that fact..
SiKBoY
QUOTE (nemo @ Fri, 13 Oct 2006 - 16:14) *
Please could you complete the NIP Wizard (in the FAQs) and paste all of the details back into this thread.

In the meantime (and purely from what has been written in your first post), it appears that you are in pretty good shape..smile.gif

In the absence of any signed statement by yourself that you were the driver at the time of the alleged offence, then there exists no admissible evidence of driver identity. If I were you, I'd sit tight and do nothing. I wouldn't be corresponding with the scammers either verbally or in writing. It looks like a balls up on their part and you don't really want to be making them aware of that fact..

Hi sorry for the delay in responding, I cannot complete the NIP Wizard as I havent recieved one, it wont let me past the first stage.
nemo
QUOTE (SiKBoY @ Fri, 20 Oct 2006 - 13:12) *
Hi sorry for the delay in responding, I cannot complete the NIP Wizard as I havent recieved one, it wont let me past the first stage.
A very good point, sir biggrin.gif

Back to Plan A then, sit tight and do nothing..wink.gif
SiKBoY
Hey I am a little confused over the legality with company cars.

Obviously my company as the registered owner of the vehicle have completed the NIP by saying that I am the driver.

Do I then have to complete a second NIP addressed to me to admit liability myself or does the company NIP count as being sufficient evidence to prosecute me.

Cheers

Andy
MartinHP71
QUOTE (SiKBoY @ Tue, 24 Oct 2006 - 12:13) *
Hey I am a little confused over the legality with company cars.

Obviously my company as the registered owner of the vehicle have completed the NIP by saying that I am the driver.

Do I then have to complete a second NIP addressed to me to admit liability myself or does the company NIP count as being sufficient evidence to prosecute me.

Cheers

Andy

Normally the NIP returned by the driver and signed is considered a confession for evidence to prosecute you. This NIP is normally forward to you after the company has named you as the driver.

At the moment all they have is a NIP signed by your company which is not enough to show you were driving because, for example they don't know who was driving and you might have ligitermately named your partner so in essence they don't have enough evidence but have proceeded as if they have.

They have made a mistake by offering you the COFP so as the more knowledgeable posters have already state, sit tight and do nothing at this time and definately do not enter into phone calls or correspondence which might remind them of their mistake.
HerbieM
I know it's really tempting to try and clarify the situation by calling the scammers but remember they are trying to give you points and steal your £60.

Do NOTHING else just wait.

Do you know when the alleged offence took place?
SiKBoY
Hey

The date to reply to the COFP has been and gone at the begining of this month, as of yet I have heard nothing.

But then again they will probably forward any more corispondance to my Head Office.

I remember the journey when I was cought but I do not remember seeing any vans/scammers, the gits must of been very well hidden. 83 in a 70 on a dual carrigway on a Sunday afternoon is hardly exsessive.
SiKBoY
Update I have finally received a letter from the scammers.

<scan removed by moderator (again)>

should I continue to do nothing and get a summons or should I send them a letter registered on the 24th asking for more information as I do not know who was driving ?

Incidently i seriously doubt my letter would reach them in time, they must realise that the 24th is christmas eve LMFAO.
kingjohn
REMOVE THAT QUICKLY.
Don't show your personal details on a public forum, you never know who's watching.
SiKBoY
Letter Edited I uploaded the wrong one to Photo Bucket oops.
DefaDog
SiKboy - can you clarify what the letter was? If you have not had a NIP, correctly addressed to you, then do nothing at all.
SiKBoY
Just thought I would update this post. Its now well past the 6 months from the alleged offence (mid August).

They sent a COFP thru to my work but in my name, I still have not seen a NIP.

I decided to go down the delay route, since I have a clean licence I couldnt do with the agro of having to go to court.

So I let the COFP lapse, then I got the nasty letter (the one that was removed above). I decided to reply to this in the hope it would delay things.
Well it worked my reply came through in January simply saying they are looking into the matter (as I told them I had not received any paper work to date apart from their letter).

Anyhow we are now into April and a week ago they issued me another COFP, accept this time they put my home address on it.

Now this one I will ignore as its well beyound 6 months more like 8!! Fingers crossed they havent already sent my file to the court !
mob
Issued a CoFP after 8 months. That's disgraceful.
The Rookie
Not to mention with still absolutly no evidence of driver (depending on what was in the 'letter' sent at post #14 of course)

Simon
Forza Brescia
So if I have a company car - My wife is a named driver and anyone employed by the company can drive the car - and the police cannot show who was driving the car at the time of the ticket - are you saying that there is bugger all they can do ?

Probably been asked a thousand times, but currently have a court threat over me for not identifying the driver of my company vehilce and before someone annoyinglying points me to the NIP wizards, I had already messed up my defence before finding this site, so I am kinda naffed - just wondering about possible outcomes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.