Full Version: Court Summons !!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Big H
angry.gif mad.gif NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? - Norfolk
Date of the offence: - September 2006
Date of the NIP: - 14 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 18 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - A47 Swaffam towards Dereham
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - Second
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? - Company car
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - Driving down the A47 dual carriage way the the road narrows to a single lane and there is a long sweeping left hand bend, when i came to the apex of the bend i noticed the camera on the opposite side of the road Too Late !!

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - No
Although you are not the Registered Keeper, were you the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it)? - Yes
Is the NIP addressed to you personally? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • Complete the PACE witness statement.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v1.0.2: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:21:21 +0100
crystal
Hi,

If you want to fight the ticket go with the wizard and send pace arround day 26 via next day signed for delivery

Regards
Crystal
Big H
Thanks Crystal !!

What are my chances of winning ?

H
crystal
Hi,

There are no gurantees but look look at the Sucess stories thread

Often we dont here about cases that just got dropped.

I think there is a good chance or I would not do it

Regards
Crystal
Big H
Cheers Crystal !!

Where can i find an up to date copy of the PACE statement?

H
crystal
Hi,

HERE If you have the time its well worth reading the forum stickies they have lots of useful stuff in them

Regards
Crystal
Ziltro
QUOTE (Big H @ Wed, 11 Oct 2006 - 18:25) *
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - A47 Swaffam towards Dereham

Where? Map.
Note East Dereham and West Dereham both exist but Dereham on it's own doesn't seem to. (Bottom left & Middle right)
The road between Swaffam and East Dereham is... quite long. About 10 miles.
Smells vague to me...
Big H
Hi Ziltro,

The location as it reads on the NIP is as follows:

At: A47, Swaffham, towards Dereham.

So maybe its worth to argue the exact location?

H
Big H
Thanks Guys for all your help !!!!!!!!

Gonna fight this all the way !!!!!

I'll keep you posted !!!!!!

Big H !!!!!!!
MartinHP71
Try not to do duplicate threads.

Previous Post
Big H
icon_hang.gif Just to put you in the picture i followed your advice and submitted the pace witness statement and hoped for the best then i recieved a conditional offer, which i ignored and fogot about then yesterday i got a summons whcih is for next week 16.3.07 icon_hang.gif

they are trying to prosecute me for speeding and not failure to identify

What would be the next coarse of action?
Big H
Hiya Guys,

I have attached all the documents that i have but i need a bit of advice on how best to aproach the next faze of beating those pesky Scammers. Below is the court summons word for word as i can't scan it as the text is very poor.

"On the 12.09.2006 at Swaffam Norfolk drove a motor vehicle namely a Volkeswagen, index number ------- on a singlecarriageway road, namely A47, at speed exceeding 60 miles per hour contrary to artlice 3(b) of the 70 mmiles per hour, 60 miles per hour and 50 miles per hour (temporary Speed limit order 1977, section 89 (1) of the road traffic act 1984and schedule 2 to the road traffic offenders act 1988.

Statement of facts:
On ------ at ----- the defendant drove a ------------ index number -------on A47 a single carriagwayroad at a speed exceeding the legal limit of 60 miles per hour. An application for you to pay £35 towards prosecution expences will be made.

Big H
Big H
Hi Guys,

Don't know if my attachments were uploaded properly.

Can anyone else tell me if they can access them?

Big H
crystal
Hi

there be no attachements unsure.gif
Regards
Crystal
Big H
Hi crystal,

Thanks, i have uploaded the documents which are sat in my controls under recent attachments but for some reason i cannot view them the file size is 1.63MB which is about 84% of the total capacity.

have i done it wrong?

Sorry to be a pain.

Big H
Big H
Sorry What i forgot to say is i don't have permission when i double click on the uploaded documents

Big H
crystal
Hi

Do a full edit on your post. Under the box for the text is a browse and upload button. Browse to find the file then click upload. and it will upload (check for errors) and it will appear.
Big H
Its having none of it it says there is not enough space because i have already uploaded it once and it is sat in my controls but i don't know how to delete that one and try uploading again.

Am i demanding or wot !!

Big H
crystal
Hi

If you go to "My controls" on the menu on the left is an option "manage your attachements" you can delete stuff here.

Maybe the attachemnt is very big can you compress the images ? What resolution did you scan them at ? 150dpi black and white should be fine.

Regards
Crystal
austen
Just plead guilty by post, it will save you money and points in the long run sad.gif
The Rookie
That is if you aren't prepared to get off your butt and do some work, unlike Austen who expected to be spoon fead!

Simon
austen
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Tue, 13 Mar 2007 - 13:06) *
That is if you aren't prepared to get off your butt and do some work, unlike Austen who expected to be spoon fead!

Simon

LOL!!!

Should i use the letter drafted about the case being put back until after the O’Halloran case?? This was due in Feb, but i have just read on another thread that it will be June???

No answer!

Is there a particular thread that summerises good PACE defence cases???

No answer!

Just a basic "No" would have been a help! I've spent hours trawling through this site! I'm not, ever been or never will be a solicitor and find it all very complicated and world away from my carear!

To me it looks as if there is no PACE defence, don't go no near it
thejudge
QUOTE (austen @ Tue, 13 Mar 2007 - 07:36) *
Just plead guilty by post, it will save you money and points in the long run sad.gif

I would agree Austen, honesty is always the best policy.
geordiebhoy
QUOTE (thejudge @ Tue, 13 Mar 2007 - 16:18) *
QUOTE (austen @ Tue, 13 Mar 2007 - 07:36) *

I would agree Austen, honesty is always the best policy.

What a pity most of the scammers don't live by that philosophy rolleyes.gif
Chas820
You have to do more than just send a pace letter,did you plead not guilty?have you asked for a full session video so you can check for discrepancies?have you checked the road for correct signage? A pace letter is not a get out of jail free,this is only the start of the process if you expect the pace w/s to do it all than you might as well accept the fine and points straight away.We can only help with advice the rest is up to you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.