Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pleading not guilty
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
andygib1982
afternoon all on may 11th this year i got done doing 47mph in a 30 only just got this last week i really dont wanna get banned and i will if plead guilty (23 year old lad on bike) could any one give advice on how to challange this and if am likely to escape a ban thanks

chadders
edit your post and remove those scans, then doctor the images and obscure your personally identifiable information (eg reg, name, etc) - otherwise you could be gift horsing the CPS (who are known to read here).
andygib1982
ta pal done it
andygib1982
anyone ? dose the fact i got a vebel nip help cos they hav to prove it dont they ? all this legal stuff aint easy to take in !
andy_foster
Read Section 1 of the Road Traffic Offenders Act 1988 ( www.opsi.gov.uk ).
The requirement to serve a NIP is deemed to have been complied with unless and until the contrary is proven.

The only possible issue I can see is that the copper's statement discloses your prior points to the court before they have decided whether or not you are guilty.
andygib1982
i take it am screwed then ? plead guilty and hope for short ban ?
andygib1982
what if i plead not guilty how likely can i get off from what ive been reading on here theres a couple of things pos 1 is disclosure of vid if they dont no case ? but are they that useless ? anythin else ?
andygib1982
evening all i got done doing 47 in a 30 by a van with lt20/20 and now hav a summons i dont really understand all the legal options if i plead not guilty can i change it afterwards?and ive read all of this webite i think and whats the deal with discloseure? can it work in ur favour? any feed back would help loads !

ps wat a web site this is ! bet the police dont like it hahaha
andy_foster
You've started a duplicate thread!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.