Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Court appearence imminent
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Karlsberg
I am appearing in court on an s172 case in May the speeding charge has been dropped.

I have been forwarded evidence of a picture of my vehicle along with a witness statement and the charge of not supplying info.

Is this the only evidence or do I need to make a request for full disclosure?

Can the CPS bring something up in court that I do not have a copy of?

Any advice would be appreciated.
cjm99
Karlsburg

have been forwarded evidence of a picture of my vehicle along with a witness statement and the charge of not supplying info.  

What does the s9 statement actually say?. Type it up word for word.

Chris
andypandy
Karlsberg

You said in your earlier post

I have an s9 witness statement that states
Quote:
This form required the nominated owner/keeper of the vehicle concerned to supply information as to the driver of the vehicle at the time and date of the alleged offence.
According to the Fixed Penalty Support Unit computer system no such information has subsequently been received at the Fixed penalty Support Unit in respect of this particular matter

You could use the Leciester played 3 won 3 attack.
what device were you caught by- if lti20-20 then ask for full disclosure as well, as a secondary defence.

Andypandy
Karlsberg
Would disclosure of the actual speeding evidence help in any way, as that charge has been dropped?

Can they bring any new evidence into court without first adsvising me?
DW190
Karlsberg said:
[quote]Would disclosure of the actual speeding evidence help in any way, as that charge has been dropped
Was the offence ever committed?
Why did they drop it?
Was it a Cloned vehicle?
If you require the full video to prepare you defence ask for it. If they dont disclose it you are unable to prepare your defence.
Karlsberg
As is the case a lot of the time, the speeding charge has been dropped and the unsigned s172 brought to charge.

I do have a line of defence which I do not want to publicise at this time, however I was after what the law states as to what the CPS can present on the day in court so that I am not left in the dark.

If I ask for full disclosure, then surely this will only be for the 'failure to provide info' as that is the only charge I am being summonsed for. However if I do not ask for full disclosure, can they bring other evidence that I have not previously been sent, on the day without my knowledge?

Sorry if I appear a little cagey but I don't want to give too much away before my appearence.

So my questions are,
1. Can the CPS bring evidence to court that they have not sent to me?
2. If so is asking for full disclosure the way to get it?
3. If I do not ask for full disclosure and the CPS try to present something which I have not seen, what are my options on the day?

Thanks
Ker-ching
I don't wish to sound interfering or picky, but can we be clear that when Carlsberg says that the speeding charge has been dropped, he means that CPS allowed the speeding charge to time out without ever placing papers for it at the magistrates court. It wasn't so much dropped as never pursued. Maybe this won't affect the answers you give to his questions, but I thought I should just clarify. smile.gif
DW190
Karlsberg

Your questions:
1. Can the CPS bring evidence to court that they have not sent to me?
2. If so is asking for full disclosure the way to get it?
3. If I do not ask for full disclosure and the CPS try to present something which I have not seen, what are my options on the day?

Answers:
1. No, But they may try to.
2. Yes
3. You object stating it has Notpreviously been disclosed.

Were in the country are you? PM me if you dont want it on open show.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.