Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NIP for Company
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
andycap
My Company has just received a NIP in the Company's name for my Company Car. The Car is leased through a leasing Company who own the V5.

The Company has sent the NIP to me to complete.

I note that the date of the alleged offence is 17 September and the date on the NIP was 4 October, which is 16 days after the alleged offence (38mph in an 30).

I thought at first that the NIP was therefore outside of the 14 day notice period, but I was then deflated to see that for Company cars the authorities have more time.

I want to advise the Company as to how they should fill out the NIP without compromising my position. I am the driver of the vehicle in the company's eyes even though it may have been my wife driving at the time of the alleged offence. We can't remember.

The PACE statements seem to be a very legalistic document. I'm not sure if any of the officers of the company would wish to make such a statement on the company's behalf. I am the Company Secretary and a Director.

What should I and the Company do?
Bluedart
QUOTE (andycap @ Fri, 6 Oct 2006 - 15:49) *
My Company has just received a NIP in the Company's name for my Company Car. The Car is leased through a leasing Company who own the V5.

I note that the date of the alleged offence is 17 September and the date on the NIP was 4 October, which is 16 days after the alleged offence (38mph in an 30).

I thought at first that the NIP was therefore outside of the 14 day notice period, but I was then deflated to see that for Company cars the authorities have more time.

I want to advise the Company as to how they should fill out the NIP without compromising my position. I am the driver of the vehicle in the company's eyes even though it may have been my wife driving at the time of the alleged offence. We can't remember.

The PACE statements seem to be a very legalistic document. I'm not sure if any of the officers of the company would wish to make such a statement on the company's behalf. I am the Company Secretary and a Director.

Now that your name has been pinned to the mast, naming you as the driver. You will now have to put your boxing gloves on and begin the fight unless you wish to roll over ohmy.gif
hortz
QUOTE (andycap @ Fri, 6 Oct 2006 - 15:49) *

That seems very quick, 16 days for two NIPs. Still, I suppose as company secretary you would know.

This puts you in an interesting position. What you should really do is provide your own details, sent it off as close to the limit as you feel comfortable. You will then get an NIP in your own name. If you do work out who was driving you can use the PACE statement of your own account (this has nothing to do with the company). If you honestly do not know, ask for photos to attempt to confirm the identity of the driver. If these show nothing, you will probably have to go to court to prove that you used "reasonable diligence" to attempt to identify the driver (this may involve checking diaries, bank statements, phone bills etc...).

Another route you may wish to take is simply not replying. This means the company will be summonsed for failure to furnish and will probably have to pay a fine, but no points on anyone's license.
andycap
I want to fight if I can but don't want to exarcebate problem. Wife says just put the thing in my name - she has no points - I have 6 but what happens if the mobile camera shows that it was me?
Rallyman72
QUOTE (andycap @ Fri, 6 Oct 2006 - 16:03) *
I want to fight if I can but don't want to exarcebate problem. Wife says just put the thing in my name - she has no points - I have 6 but what happens if the mobile camera shows that it was me?

It is called perverting thwe course of justice and comes with, in many cases, eating sleeping and living 24/7 with lots of other men in one of HM's 'holiday camps' that are dotted around the country.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.