Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WENT TO COURT TODAY FOR 103 MPH
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
TINTIN1976
I was caught on the A9 Perth to Inverness road at 103 mph. I was 2 days short of having my license for 2 yrs. I went to court today and got a 28 day ban and £250.00 fine. The best news is because it was a straight ban once it is up I can drive again and there is no need for a test resit. If I had been given 6 points I would have had to re-apply for my provisional and resit the test. I am v happy with this result and the lawyer only cost £150.00 + vat.
anton
That sounds like you did well!
ScouseMick
it is a strange situation that u can speed at 103mph. serious enough to go to court over (speed limit +30mph) but if you had only been doing speed limit + 10mph you would have got the 3 points and had to resit your test, Yet another example of what is wrong with the RTA.
firefly
QUOTE (TINTIN1976 @ Thu, 5 Oct 2006 - 19:42) *
I am v happy with this result and the lawyer only cost £150.00 + vat.
Can you tell us which lawyer you used?
TINTIN1976
The lawyer was David Hingston. The website is www.hingstons.co.uk
WapChimney
biggrin.gif Check out the Profile page - he's almost doing a thumbs up! :-)

Maybe it's worth building a list of recommended lawyers (and maybe whether their cheap or pricey) across the UK?
Falcon_II
Think A New Sticky shold be made on the main page Recomended Solicitors. and a format of Heading area and name under. eg

Subject = Newcastle
Extra info = Solicitor name

Content a short description and address contact info etc.
jeffreyarcher
QUOTE (TINTIN1976 @ Mon, 9 Oct 2006 - 20:05) *
The lawyer was David Hingston. The website is www.hingstons.co.uk

It seems that he's the former Procurator Fiscal who has been advising Robbie the Pict.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.