Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bailiff Investigation (BBC1 Tues 26 - 9pm)
FightBack Forums > Discussion > News / Press Articles
Teufel
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/5377488.stm

Whistleblower will be broadcast on BBC One, Tuesday 26 September at 2100 BST
Wayne Pendle
Drake's have already tried and failed with an injunction. Can't possibly begin to imagine what they could have to hide. smile.gif
Nimbus
Woner if the councils have the bottle to cancel Drakes and CCS contracts? I doubt it!!
whitewing
QUOTE (Nimbus @ Wed, 27 Sep 2006 - 20:51) *
Woner if the councils have the bottle to cancel Drakes and CCS contracts? I doubt it!!

Let's see - would the council continue to use a firm that uses illegal tactics, but collects more, or an honest company (assuming there is such an animal...). Whadda you think? When has any council put integrity above revenue-raising, legal or otherwise?
anton
I recorded this and can burn it to DVD for play back on a pc should any one need a copy.
Just pm me with a postal address.

it is available online (poorquality) till Oct.2nd

Unbeleivable, far worse than I imagined. I am glad I dont live in a parking war zone.

could we use the recording?

A foi request asking which firms are used in thier area, a copy of the DVD and a Foi request about monitoring of thier bailiffs

An foi request to local plod asking how many atendances they made to bailiffs visits

Just to turn up the heat a little icon_axe.gif
Pheasant Plucker
QUOTE (anton @ Thu, 28 Sep 2006 - 07:31) *
could we use the recording?

A foi request asking which firms are used in thier area, a copy of the DVD and a Foi request about monitoring of thier bailiffs

An foi request to local plod asking how many atendances they made to bailiffs visits

Just to turn up the heat a little icon_axe.gif

Yes we could and should. The councils and courts are public services, they should not condone any law breaking by baliliffs acting on their behalf. I though their filmed handling of innocent third parties (relatives or ex-partners) was reprehensible. Some of those crooks aout to be put away for a long time - demanding money with menaces, blackmail, breaking and entry ....
CXG
And also remember that if Mr. Bully Tactiv Baliff should darken your doorstep in relation to motor offences such as congestion charge, parking etc, they have to hold a special cerficate to excute their warrant against you.

See http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1993/Uksi_19932072_en_1.htm for facts.

Make sure you see their certificate prior to handing over any monies!! The trick on this programme was for the non-certificated baliffs to get the certified ones to sign their receipts, therefore allowing them to print whatever figure you technically 'owed' them!!

Be warned!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.