Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: short period disqualifiaction for sp50
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
westhamfan
hi all, thanks for all the stuff on here, it is awesome. are there any insurance experts out there..?! today i was given a 7 day ban for an sp50 offence (79 in 50 on m4) i was given no points. i have a couple of q's with regard to insurance:

should i wait until my licence is returned (sometime after the ban is over) to report the endorsement?
what will the endorsement say, if I need to ring them asap? and/or could the court tell me that info?
what are the likely repercussions for insurance? i am with rac and they ignored completely my first 3 points.

i ask because an sp50 doesnt necessarily mean a ban - so do insurers treat bans differently based on what code they are endorsed for?

cheers and thanks again.

J
Barking Mad
I'm no expert in this but I thought a 7 day ban would get you a clean licence back once the ban is over.

I think that Insurance Companies willl, unfortuantely, have a field day - and I think you do have to tell them.
westhamfan
QUOTE (Barking Mad @ Tue, 26 Sep 2006 - 00:48) *
I think that Insurance Companies willl, unfortuantely, have a field day - and I think you do have to tell them.

yeah i guess you are right - but i will be interested to see if they are any different, bearing in mind my offence was a borderline case (limit + 29mph) and on another day i may have only received points..
EU_Foreigner
When you fill in an on-line insurance quote, in addition to the penalty code - they also ask for a ban and how long for.

Just fill in a dummy insurance quote (e.g. at Churchill.com or so) and see what the effect is
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.