Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another NIP in South Wales
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
DrivingDave
These are the answers you've given so far:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - Wales
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes

The above answers relate to the second NIP in three months sad.gif . The first one resulted in the submission of a PACE statement, followed by the receipt of 'a load of old tosh' as a reply with a promise to put the case on the prosecutions file M4 South Wales Mobile Cameras. No action yet - still outstanding.

The new alleged offence is on the A449 (Llantrissent nr Usk) heading North/East along a beautiful long straight stretch of almost empty dual carriageway, entered from a long sweeping left hand curve. Talivan on the layby a long way up the straight stretch, probably records as you enter the straight stretch before you have a chance to reduce speed. Alleged speed 80mph - hardly rocket-powered.

The NIP wizard says to submit a PACE statement. Does this advice still hold when there is another NIP/PACE still in process with the same speed camera partnership? Is my treatment likely to be different in the circumstances? unsure.gif

I'm beginning to get fed up with driving through South Wales. I drive from East Anglia to South Wales each week and only face these challenges in South Wales.

Thanks in advance for your assistance
jimmy ferrari
Dave when is the 28 days to reply up?
DrivingDave
A while yet.....20 October 2006
hortz
Hardly rocket powered isn't relevant I'm afraid. They want your money or they wouldn't be there. As for the PACE, the fact that you have another case with the same partnership is neither here nor there, but it wouldn't amaze me if you get a completely different response.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.