Full Version: Assistance required please
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
sarahg1969
NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? - Lancashire
Date of the offence: - August 2006
Date of the NIP: - 2 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 4 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - The Grane Road between Blackburn and Haslingden
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - NK
How many current points do you have? - 6
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - Posted on behalf of my mum:

My mum had an NIP (in time) through the post (36 in a 30 in Lancs) and completed the reverse with details of two drivers, writing back to Lancs Police, stating she could not identify correct driver (of the two) without photograph.

They have now sent her a bill for a tenner and said when she pays it she can have the photo, and she has 7 days from the date of their letter to request it.

Can they do this?

What's the next step?

When I received an NIP two years ago and couldn't identify the driver, they simply sent me the photo, which unfortunately didn't assist me, I offered to pay the fine anyway, and the case was not pursued.

What does she do? Does she stump up the tenner (which she's loath to do)? Does she write back and say that she unfortunately she's unable to identify the driver? Does she ignore the letter?

Without the photos, she cannot identify the correct driver.

Any ideas anyone, please?

TIA
Peter_D
They are not oblidge to supply an eveidnce/photo's unless you plead not guilty and go to court. Because of this they are using this to charge to supply the photo. You have not posted the circumstances or event of the alledged offence to difficult to advice. What did the Nip Wizard suggest you do. Regards Peter
CrossFox
I would suggest that your mum contacts the scammers, via recorded delivery, stating that

"without photographic evidence, it would be nearly impossible to identify the driver and therefore comply with her legal requirement to identify driver. To be charged for the photograph is scandelous and if the scammers are happy that they can obstruct justice in this way, then she will happily explain this situation to a judge."

See what happens ??
crystal
Hi,

Would be inclined to pay it

Regards
Crystal
sarahg1969
Thanks all.

Crystal - who should pay it? My mum cannot ID the driver at this stage.

I had this issue a couple of years back. I did all I could to ID the driver, to no avail, so I wrote back, and offered to pay the fine anyway. Received a letter saying, "On this occasion, ..... consider yourself told off..." and the matter was dropped.

I've drafted a letter for my mum in the terms suggested - she needs the photo to ID the driver, and without the co-operation, she cannot fulfill her obligations, etc. Pleading to their generous nature!!!

Many thanks.

Sarah
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.