Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bus lane cameras
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
robina_80
i was in central london and i had to use the bus lane because they were doing roadworks and i was just wondering do the bus cameras flash like normal gatsos?
nemo
I believe enforcement is carried out using footage recorded from CCTV - either bus mounted or static.
Teufel
if you are forced to use bus lane by roadworks then there is no
contravention - but it cannot just be for your conveneience
it must be necessary
peterb
QUOTE (robina_80 @ Sun, 17 Sep 2006 - 04:32) *
i was in central london and i had to use the bus lane because they were doing roadworks and i was just wondering do the bus cameras flash like normal gatsos?

Bus lane cameras don't flash

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/streets/bus-lanes.asp
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/streets/downloads/pd...-Say-Cheese.pdf

Which type of camera are you talking about ??

Older bus lane cameras look like Gatsos & record continuosly in hours of operation of bus lane
(but they don't flash).

TFL have introduced masses of CCTV cameras on tall posts, high above the road,
they are literally everywhere. A CCTV camera can often police both lanes.

The CCTV camera operator gets a wide picture of your car & then zooms in to your numberplate in real time.
So the CCTV camera operator has to have a little time to do this, once he has spotted your car in the bus lane.

TFL have introduced heavy policing using these CCTV cameras to enforce bus lanes.

peterb
robina_80
how long does it take for the nip to get to your front door if you did use the bus lane
crystal
Hi,

they have 14 days from the date of the offence, to notify the Registerd keeper and it must be sent First class post (note you cant alsways tell this from the evelope as they use bulk mailing)

They are exceptiosn to the 14 day rule sif the RK could not be indentifed from the DVLA

Regards
Crystal
Teufel
bus lane offences inn london are decriminialised and TfL or the
local counicl can enforce - you will receive a PCN
not a NIP - they have 28 days

if not paid they can enforce against the owner (ususally RK)

appeal is to PATAS not court

see various threads in the parking forum - search 'bus lane'
robina_80
also do you get points on your driving license like speed cameras, or do you just get a fine
Teufel
no points - just a penalty (tehcnically its apparently not a fine)
mercedes5
If you were diverted into the bus lane because of road works, you have a legitimate reason for being in the bus lane and should not receive a PCN.

If however, you do get a PCN you are entitled to view the CCTV evidence they have. It must show the surrounding as well as your vehicle to be valid evidence, thus showing the roadworks.

I am currently appealing a bus lane PCN where I don’t have such a valid reason. I have to respond to the NTO this week, not 100% sure what my defence is going to be yet – I will update you as soon as I do.

There is a previous thread (Is this a valid CCTV PCN?) where I have attached my PCN and others have given their advice.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.