Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there any other record of the points i have apart from my paper license?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
jbw77
would having 'lost' my license mean no ones knows how many points i have or when i got them?

would getting a replacement be a lengthy process and help me exceed the 6 month time period?
nemo
QUOTE (jbw77 @ Thu, 14 Sep 2006 - 19:43) *
would having 'lost' my license mean no ones knows how many points i have or when i got them?
No. The DVLA database would show how many pips your licence was stamped with, irrespective of whether the paper counterpart was up to date, lost or otherwise.
QUOTE (jbw77 @ Thu, 14 Sep 2006 - 19:43) *
would getting a replacement be a lengthy process and help me exceed the 6 month time period?
What exactly is your question ?
jbw77
does the police know how many points is on my license at a specific time or is the only record the peice of paper (counterpart driving license that i own)

thus if i 'lost' my counterpart license would the points be lost with it?
MartinHP71
QUOTE (jbw77 @ Thu, 14 Sep 2006 - 22:54) *
does the police know how many points is on my license at a specific time or is the only record the peice of paper (counterpart driving license that i own)

thus if i 'lost' my counterpart license would the points be lost with it?

Still not sure what you are asking, but.

IMHO the police do not care how many points you have on your licence, it is the Justice system which punishes you based upon the offence and any relevant points totals. As Nemo has said the DVLA store details on their computer and lieing about points to the magistrates/court system may make yourself open to contempt which can be a prison service and I do not believe condoned by anyone on this site.
fatboytim
AIUI the DVLA records are available to ANPR enquires database (AIUI it cross-references the registered keeper details with a DL in the same name at the same address), so I guess a quick radio check to base would show up your points.
Come on what are you trying to do,
whatever it is just remember, Perverting the Course of Justice is much more serious than just about any Driving offence.
fatboytim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.