Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NIP and running out of time
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
janraseng
Hi

I've received this NIP and tried finding some information, a good friend refered me here and what a luck.

I've done the questionaire and you'll find this enclosed. I did say I was unsure about receiving it within 14 days which is clear from the dates on the nip that it was more than a month later. I'm not sure if this is because it is a company vehicle and fleet managed?

The date on the NIP is 14/8/06 which is getting tight for me to return it.

PLEASE HELP!

NIP Details and Circumstances
Date of the offence: - July 2006
Date of the NIP: - 37 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 40 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - The Highway J/W Artichoke Hill W/B E1 (2605)
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
How many current points do you have? - 0
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - I just got this new company car which is also a diesel as before, however this is a sports diesel turbo and reacts like a dog at low revolutions and all of a sudden it will take off. I cant recall excatly the event but I wouldn't intentionally speed and I must have tried to pass some other car when the rocket kicked in.
I did notice that when you drive it in Third gear and try to accelerate it has no power which lead you to push the pedal deeper. At about thirty miles an hour it starts taking off. By the time you decellarate youre allready over 35mph.

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Unsure
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • Complete the PACE witness statement.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v1.0.2: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 14:25:21 +0100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the answers you've given so far:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Unsure
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes
nemo
Not quite sure of the relevance of the turbo lag - it certainly wouldn't get you any sympathy with the Camera Partnership or the Magistrates...

At this moment in time, you have primarily two choices -

1) Take the hit. Complete the NIP, accept the Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty (assuming the speed alleged was below 50 in a 30 or less than 26mph in excess of any other limit), pay the £60 and have your licence endorsed with 3 penalty points ..

or

2) Fight the allegation. In the absence of any other obvious defences open to you, then a PACE Witness Statement (see the template in the FAQs) sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery to arrive with the scammers no later than 28 days after you received the NIP will get the ball rolling. Write nothing on the s.172 other than 'Please see attached' and staple this to the PACE WS.

The s.172 response is due back by 11.09.2006. That gives you a few days to have a good read of other cases around the forum and weigh up your options..smile.gif
janraseng
Thanks

Well, I've noticed on the NIP I'm refered to as MS Jan Ras but infact I'm MR. Jan Ras. Would it be advisable to complete the form saying that Mr Ras has infact been behind the wheel?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.