Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red light camera
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Fedup
Posting on behalf of a friend.

Received a NIP (in time) alleging a red light offence. He is the RK and remembers being the driver in the location at the time, but denies that the light was red. He asked for the photographic evidence.

The first photo shows his vehicle ACROSS the white line with the time elapsed since the light went red as 0.6seconds. The second photo obviously shows him further across the junction at 1.5 seconds since the light went red, calculated speed <25 mph.

Surely 0.6s is a bit harsh? Especially as he hadn't actually crossed the line with the whole vehicle?

I'm sure the police would say that RED is not the signal to stop, the AMBER should have given him a clue. Even though, this doesn't seem right?
Teufel
at 20 mph in 0.6 secs you travel 18 feet

the orange would have 3 secs which is a further 88 feet

plenty of time to stop

highway code braking distance (excluding thinking time)
at 20mph is 19 ft - many modern cars can and should do better

i am glad i was not a pedestiran or driver on the crossing
Ziltro
I have noticed a red light camera where the sensors are both after the white line, I thought this was odd. I don't know if there is any requirement for them to be one before and one after the line?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.