Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Foreign driving licences and points
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Gummi
I was wondering as a holder of a foreign passport, it is a pink EU style one although it is not from an EU country but EEA (european economic area). Can the UK police have points put on that licence or not ?
g_attrill
Any driver can be issued points by a UK court, but only people who hold a UK driving licence counterpart can accept a Fixed Penalty Notice. People from EU countries can apply for a UK counterpart even without a UK issued licence. I'm not sure about EEA countries, it might apply there too, I can't find the document on the DVLA website because they've reworked it recently.

edit: I have just realised your question was different - the answer is NO, any points acquired in the UK will not go on any foreign licence. There have been proposals about exchanging points between EU countries, but that is a long way off, and wouldn't apply to EEA countries anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.