Full Version: Your best advice please!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Quaker
NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? - Cheshire
Date of the offence: - March 2006
Date of the NIP: - 10 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 12 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - A5117 JUNCTION POOL LANE, ELTON GREEN.>>HAPSFORD
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
How many current points do you have? - 0
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - Driving to work at 6.10am in a national speed limit applies zone, when the traffic lights changed to red (under two seconds), there is no traffic on the road approaching or behind me, the conditions are wet and I break heavily but do not stop until I am over the white line and a traffic light camera has taken its picture. I reverse back over the line and without the traffic light going green for any other direction it changes back to green for me and I continue forward.

When I received my NIP I responded with the PACE letter, I then received a conditional offer of fixed penalty which I ignored. Then I received two summons in return, one for failing to comply with a traffic signal and one for failing to give such information as to identify the driver, for an appearance on 30/08/06 which I have returned a not guilty and am currently awaiting a summary trial date. WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • Complete the PACE witness statement.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v1.0.2: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:36:55 +0100
crystal
Hi
Can you scan, remove personal details and post the summons please

Regards
Crystal
The Rookie
It should be easy to dismiss the S172 as the PACE ws is Jones compliant, you will then need to get the photographic evidence for the red light offence and be sure that it supports your version of events as much as possible (speed distances etc) if so although you have strictly comitted an offence it should be possible to get an absolute discharge, my concern is that by using PACE you may have damaged the absolute credibility you will have to have to get your version of events accepted.

Simon
crystal
Hi

What is the speed limit in effect at the lights ?
if it more than 30 then this press release from safespeed may help

Regards
Crystal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.