Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Offence
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Silver City Tim
Glasgow City Council have sent my employer a N2O. On it, before describing my Parking Contravention, it has.

Parking Contravention (offence): Parked without...

Is that enough to say they have claimed my employer has commited a criminal breach of the law and that they are claiming money under false pretences and potentialy in breach of the criminal law themselves?
Teufel
i think they could claim that offence is descriptive rtaher than a term of art - that it is a contravention is clear

chack the wording of the 28 days from - date of letter is not ok
it should be date of service of letter
Silver City Tim
It's totally wrong on that. Don't worry.
Teufel
the thing is of course is that it a contravention IS an offence and the penalty charge IS a fine despite what they call it
DW190
QUOTE (Teufel @ Thu, 31 Aug 2006 - 16:29) *
the thing is of course is that it a contravention IS an offence and the penalty charge IS a fine despite what they call it

Penalty Charges are Civil Responsibilities (Or so the fudge says)

Like Council Tax non payment will soon be an offence attracting up to six months at Her Majesty's Pleasure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.