Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nip
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Chico
Hi i received a nip on the 22/08/2006. However the offence was commited on 19/06/2006. My vehicle is a lease vehicle provided by my company & can be used by other employees. I cannot remember if i was driving that day, therefore how do you suggest i best reply to the nip.
Thanks
Teufel
if this is speeding you are in the wrong forum
crystal
Hi,

Please look at the "read this first sticky" and complete the nip wizard

Regards
Crystal
Roblynmouth
A couple of points to consider with any NIP;

1. Ask for a copy of the Traffic regulation order [TRO], as this is the means by which a speed limit is legal, no TRO no speed limit. The copy they send you should show the seal, again no seal no legality. Check the distances and location of the order. If the Scammers are going to rely on a restricted road defence [30mph and street lights] then you need to check that all the lamp columns are 187metres apart, any more than that [even one set, and one Cm] means that the 30 mph restriction is not correct. However not all 30mph limits rely on street lamps, so don’t assume, ask for the TRO. One final thing if the council rely on street lamps and there are repeater signs on the road then the restriction is incorrect and they need to have a TRO
2. Under Young V Day, this is an example of a good description of a NIP location;
M9 Edinburgh/Perth Motorway, Craigforth District of Stirling at a part near to the A84 Overbridge,
So is this one;
M4 Near Tolls Plaza Rogiet Monmouthshire W/B,
However this is not;
A449 LLANDENNY
Under Young V Day the Divisional Court [a higher court so therefore binding on the magistrates court] refused to set aside a decision by the justices that a notice of intended prosecution under the Road Traffic Act 1930 [s. 21] was insufficiently particular where it stated the place of the offence of dangerous driving. Further details can be found [http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=8795]. Whilst the case is about not misleading the defendant, if you don’t live there then how can you be expected to know where they are talking about if the location isn’t precise?
3. Remember most Safety Cameras Partnership offices are manned by ‘two men and a dog’ relying on you doing nothing except what they want you to. If everybody who received a scamera ticket were to challenge the ticket even on the basics, the system would melt down especially bearing in mind the various time out opportunities that exist in the law.
Don’t get mad get even
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.