Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speeding - SP50 without insurance
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
darkkightke
So I basically have a big problem

I took my father's car for a week to work shifts at a high dependency unit which was an hour away and insured it for Mon - Friday. However, I was caught speeding on a Sunday doing 57mph in a 50mph zone.
My father received a letter asking him to identify the driver. I have called the insurance company and they have said that I was not insured on Sunday.

My question is, if my father does hand my name in, will the police contact me and then do a check on the car to see if it was my name on the insurance policy.
If that the case would I then possibly be given 9 points or a potential ban. SHould my father take the 3 points?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
TMC Towcester
Possible but unlikely. Make sure your Dad returns the form, properlycompleted and in time so as not to attract any other scrutiny.

No guarantees, but other cases on here haven'r reported back unfavourably.
Jlc
QUOTE (darkkightke @ Thu, 14 Jan 2021 - 20:52) *
Should my father take the 3 points?

Is he aware of the seriousness of that? If convicted of perverting the course of justice he could go to jail.
BaggieBoy
For a simple case where the driver puts their hands up, it's almost unheard for insurance status to be checked.
The Rookie
QUOTE (Jlc @ Thu, 14 Jan 2021 - 21:48) *
QUOTE (darkkightke @ Thu, 14 Jan 2021 - 20:52) *
Should my father take the 3 points?

Is he aware of the seriousness of that? If convicted of perverting the course of justice he could go to jail.

At least he and the OP can share a cell.
cp8759
QUOTE (BaggieBoy @ Thu, 14 Jan 2021 - 22:42) *
For a simple case where the driver puts their hands up, it's almost unheard for insurance status to be checked.

+1, there would be far too many false positives and it's just not worth the hassle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.