Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Light Offence "Help"
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
cabby John
Hi all

Can anyone help - due to a situation during my work I went through a Red light - But! believe me when I tell you it was the safest option. If I had not, it could have caused serious injury or possibly loss of life.

This was on the 10th Feb 2006, and I wrote and explained my situation to the cam people. Anyway they are not having it and have withdrawn the offer of three points & £60 fine of which was not going to accept anyway. Their last letter 16th June 2006 stated that they were going to pass this on to the DPP, over 6 months have passed since the alleged offence and I have heard nothing since the letter. Is there a time limit , or do I just have to wait.

Many thanks Cabby (John)
Rallyman72
An information (details of the offence) must be placed before the court within 6 months. The summons usually follows a couple of weeks later but in law can be anything up to 3 years. It is generally regarded that any time period of over 2 years is an abuse of process and should be thrown out.

If I were you I would wait another couple of weeks before phoning the court local to the offence and asking if an information has been laid.
cabby John
Rallyman 72

Thanks for getting back so quick, I guess I will just have to wait. I will be disappointed if I do not get off of this one, I will detail it at a later date,and will let you know either way.

Many thanks Cabby (John)
cabby John
Roblynmouth well done, the truth of the matter is that the CPS expects the average person to roll over, and many do.

I received a NIP back in February 2006 to do with a RED light offence, I declined the 3pts & £60 and decided to fight it on a genuine safety issue, facts and the situation was explained. The NIP people wrote back saying that they did not believe me and would be proceeding with a prosecution.

It is now 29th Dec 2006 and I have heard nothing since, how long do I wait before I can breath again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.