Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NIPS late/delayed ?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
wolfbane2020
Hi

I am new to the forum so have not read enough posts at the minute.

Very recently I received a NIPS via the standard/normal post, the alleged incident was 17 days from date - it states it happened - till when I received the NIPS, I believe I have to have the Notice within 14 or 15 days from the alleged offence ?

I was not stopped and by the information on the notice it states I was allegedly driving at 41 mph through a red light, I genuinely have no recollection of this incident . But where do I stand regarding the law, and the 14 day rule - which I am lead to believe is absolute in the act so it is the law?
Please advise

Kind regards
wolfbane2020
nosferatu1001
Tell us the date of incident and date of issue.
OP, are you the registered keeper? Do you have the V5C ("logbook")in your possession? If so, is the address accurate?
wolfbane2020
Alleged incident 27th may , Nips received today 13th June. I am registered owner and keeper of vehicle and i have log book , my address is correct.
Jlc
QUOTE (wolfbane2020 @ Sat, 13 Jun 2020 - 15:25) *
...it states I was allegedly driving at 41 mph through a red light

I bet it doesn't. I would hazard it says something along the lines that the driver of the aforementioned vehicle is alleged to have driven through the red light / speeding and then asks for the identity of the driver.

Sounds like a combined red light / speeding camera. It is more likely it was simply a speed on green allegation rather than additionally passing through red.

I genuinely have no recollection of this incident .

That is not a defence.

But where do I stand regarding the law, and the 14 day rule - which I am lead to believe is absolute in the act so it is the law?

At the moment you have received a request to name the driver. The '14 day rule' does not change the requirement to name the driver.

So you have the date, time and location of the allegation - start performing reasonable diligence to identify the driver.

As above, if the first NIP was late then you may have a defence to the underlying allegation(s).

QUOTE (wolfbane2020 @ Sat, 13 Jun 2020 - 16:20) *
Alleged incident 27th may , Nips received today 13th June.

What's the date the NIP was posted?
wolfbane2020
Yes , that sounds more like it , a speed on green.. Nips dated 29th May
The Rookie
I know of a NIP, not a nips?

So it’s dated 15 days before it was served, you may struggle to convince a court that the postal service took over two weeks, have you had similar issues with other items. By received do you mean when you opened it or when it actually came through your letter box?
wolfbane2020
Yes NIP , and yes iam having severe delays with my post for the last few months iam only receiving post every 10 to 14 days at least - sometimes more then get about 20 letters all in the same day - and i open them ALL in the same day , furthermore i have been to my local postal sorting centre and asked why this is happening , they said they will put a letter in the post stating my post is delayed 14+ days because of a lack of staff not working at the moment
Jlc
You still need to name the driver...

See if the camera unit will accept the letter otherwise you'll have to go to court to fight it.

QUOTE (wolfbane2020 @ Sat, 13 Jun 2020 - 16:49) *
...to my local postal sorting centre and asked why this is happening , they said they will put a letter in the post stating my post is delayed 14+ days

My post is disrupted too - I seem to be getting a weekly delivery.
wolfbane2020
I wish i was getting weekly post , but as it stands its often double that and more . Today i received a postal item from April 14th - thats 60 days !
wolfbane2020
Hi everyone

Today i have received a final request for driver information, BUT i sent my details to them ( re speeding, 41 in a 30 zone) exactly 26 days ago which they signed for from my recorded delivery post 2 days later so 28 days ago from today they received it, i completed my driver details etc - but also added a covering letter explaining that there Notice was time expired i received it 17 days after the the alleged offence.
I have copies of the completed driver details i sent back to them , copies of the signed for letter they received ie royal mail proof of signature , even a video i made placing all the documents in the envelope and and sealing it.
What is this all about , any advice please ?
gilan02
Is it a company or lease car?
wolfbane2020
not a company or lease car , its my own car , ive stated this in my covering letter
BaggieBoy
Previous thread here: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=134689&hl=

One case / one thread rule.
The Rookie
Why not ring them and ask if they got the reply or not?

Maybe you completed the form wrong and it appeared you were naming someone else, we’ve seen that before.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.