Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Relaxation of Surrounding Parking - Still ticketed
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Chrisy
Hi everyone,

I have recently recived a parking ticket for parking on a small stretch of yellow lines, between a loading bay and the residential parking strip/ zone near my flat.

I parked here as when I arrived back from picking my partner up (who works a key-role job), this was the only space left in the near vicinity of our residential zone (at 11pm). I remained here for the next week without any issue, as I have been furloughed since the end of march and had no reason to use my car after this pick up.

To my understanding, the loading bays around my flat had been relaxed so that the residents in the local area had a larger pool of spaces. During the normal operation of the area, there is not enough parking for residents, therefore we have to utilise a local carpark running the risk of being locked in during he day due to barrier operations.

In addition to the above, my rational behind parking on this small strip was that I was not posing a risk/ danger to passing traffic, nor to emergency services (following BPA guidelines). I figured that this small area was made to give room to vans etc loading and unloading with wide swinging doors.

My argument is that with residents parking in these loading bays overnight and/ or throughout the 'working day', surely my 'error' in using this tiny yellow strip can be overlooked in that the rules contradict one another relating to this yellow lines responsibility?
To add, these loading bays are directly opposite a junction, which in a way is causing more of an issue for passing traffic and other services during 'high' traffic periods when people are freely using them.

Can I please get some opinions on this, as I want to appeal this PCN. I can also give a better picture of the location with some images if needed/ required.

Thanks.
Incandescent
You were parked on yellow lines, (double or single ?), so there is no link in legal terms to bays of any kind either side of them, so your points would seem to be irrelevant. The fact you were not ticketed for a week is also not relevant, and indicates that the council have severely reduced CEO patrolling.

Anyway, post up the PCN, (all sides), as per usual for this forum, and give us a GSV reference. Only blank out car details on the PCN, leave everything else in; there may be an appeal argument but we need the details first.
stamfordman
Put pics on https://imgbb.com or such like as space on forum is limited.

Some councils have relaxed parking restrictions in resident bays and on single yellow lines.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.