Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One Parking Solution NTK / PCN
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
oscard
Hi All,

I received a notice to keeper / PCN from One Parking Solutions. The driver parked in spaces which were conveniently opposite Co-op so the driver made the error in thinking it was part of Co-op.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks
The Rookie
Edit your post immediately please, you have the notice as the registered keeper, whatever the driver did you describe as be ‘the driver’, no I, we, they, he or even the dog. The driver is a different legal entity, you deal with this as the keeper, never give any hint of the driver ID.
Jlc
Fairly litigious - they had 63 court hearings last year.

The NTK seems compliant with PoFA at a quick check - check the list here.

That signage is abhorrent though. Micro font and the core charge virtually 'hidden'.

Have a look in the BPA's Code of Practice here on signage.
oscard
Thanks The Rookie and Jlc… will do as suggested.
oscard
I had a look at the PoFA like you said seems compliant. So 2 mins of parking will cost £60 - doesn't seem fair!!
nosferatu1001
How on earth did you come to tat conclusion?!
POFA compliance just menas they can hold the keper liable
It doesnt mean the OTHER arguments dont hold - for example, the SIGNAGE one you were pointed at!
Jlc
Was it 2 minutes?
oscard
Actually just under 2 mins!!
Jlc
Then I'm confused why grace periods didn't prevent the ticket from being issued.

But regardless of that - is it possible to enter, read that dreadful sign, decide you want to accept their contract for £100 and leave - all within 2 minutes?

I would hazard a guess the driver, decided they didn't want to take the bargain offer (if you could even read the core term) and left without accepting a contract.
oscard
Hi Nosteratu1001,

Can I confirm the signage doesn't comply - with this part of the code of practice?

19.3 Specific parking-terms signage tells drivers what your terms and conditions are, including your parking charges. You must place signs containing the specific parking terms throughout the site, so that drivers are given the chance to read them at the time of parking or leaving their vehicle. Keep a record of where all the signs are. Signs must be conspicuous and legible, and written in intelligible language, so that they are easy to see, read
and understand. Signs showing your detailed terms and conditions must be at least 450mm x 450mm.

Thanks
Jlc
Compare them with the ParkingEye signs presented at the Beavis case...
oscard
Jlc,

Not sure these guys do grace periods!!!
Jlc
They have to follow their Code of Practice on that though...
nosferatu1001
Theyre obligated to
Also
their ENTIRE premise is that you can be offered a contract and you can accept it.

If you cnat read it - then you cant accept it.
If you cant read it BEFORE they give yo a ticket, because its 1200 words long, then thats also an issue for them
The average reading speed is 2-300 words a min from memory. How many words on that sign?

Youre also looking to compare the sign to the relatively clear sign in teh BEAVIS case. Google teh sign. Notice it has far fewer words, the CORE PRICE of £85 was huge and easy to spot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.