Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DUE PROCESS: ABUSE OF?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
soundfellow
DUE PROCESS: ABUSE OF?

I haven't completed the NIP wizard in order to save time - going to court shortly.

Snapped @ 47 in a 40mph speed limit.

Following receipt of NIP, I wrote to Hampshire Constabulary seeking clarification of the address they had specified on the NIP.

In their reply, addressed to me by name and referenced by the case number, the Police stated;

'... you were travelling northbound on the A337 ... the camera located at Battramsley...'

A week later I returned the NIP naming myself as the driver.

By naming me as the driver prior to their receipt of the NIP (and without any inference from me
that I would later name myself on the NIP) has an abuse of due process occurred?

Any advice greatly appreciated - particularly as I have never been in a court before.

Regards, soundfellow.
jeffreyarcher
Hardly. rolleyes.gif
OTOH, if the location specified on the NIP is insufficiently specified, that may be a defence.
soundfellow
Attended Court for pre-trial review of alleged offence of 47mph in a 40mph speed limit.

CPS representative said no evidence would be offered as there was "a problem with the camera."

Why it took eight months (between the date of the alleged offence and the pre-trial review) for them to become aware of this camera problem I don't know.

Any advice as to how I should claim costs would be greatly appreciated.
Bluedart
QUOTE (soundfellow @ Sun, 3 Dec 2006 - 10:07) *
Attended Court for pre-trial review of alleged offence of 47mph in a 40mph speed limit.

CPS representative said no evidence would be offered as there was "a problem with the camera."

Why it took eight months (between the date of the alleged offence and the pre-trial review) for them to become aware of this camera problem I don't know.

Any advice as to how I should claim costs would be greatly appreciated.

If that is correct, you should contact your local newspaper immeadiately.
A problem with the camera for you is a potential problem for everybody.
Don't delay.
monkeyboyo
and ask their Dept of Professional Standards for an explanation of why you were subjected to 8 months of stress, correspondence etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.